Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I talked to a guy at a local Alpine dealer (i've been calling them like every week, looking for info on this thing) and he said that they just found out that it is ONLY the 2004 for AI net models, it should be around $70.00, and that it was due out next month (june). just thought you guys might like to know, as i am going out of my mind i want this so bad!!

technocoy

phrancpharmD

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2003
Historic Norcross
So any idea how this thing is going to work? I suppose you'll need an Alpine head unit as well. I'm very interested to learn more about it when it finally comes out.

reaper

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2004
19th Hole
It seems to me that it will be integrated with a head unit already (maybe not and you can install in into any of the Ai-Net devices) and the iPod wire will be snaked through into a center console or something. Sounds pretty sweet, and I will definitely be getting one of these puppies when it comes out. :D

- reaper

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I talked to an alpine rep and he said that it will be avaible in mid-late July. It will work with most of the Alpine Models, except only the higher end decks, around $450 retail, will be able to let you scroll through and select songs. Otherwise you will be stuck click "next" through your entire library of songs.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
I already link my iPod to my alpine through aux inputs. The ipod plugs into a white belkin rechager, and the audio comes out at the lighter power, then goes behind the dash. It's flawless and you couldn't see where it happens. This is because my hyundai sonata has an outlet right above the coin holder. And all it cost was 15USD for the AInet aux input adapter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.