iPad Already have MBA + iPhone... so why I am so drawn to LTE iPad Air + Dumbphone combo?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by easy-peasy, Apr 11, 2014.

1. easy-peasy macrumors regular

Can anyone explain this to me? :confused:

I already have a 13-inch MBA and iPhone 5s... yet I am constantly drawn to the thought of replacing both with an LTE iPad Air (w/ Logitech Ultrathin BT keyboard) and Dumbphone combination.

Does anyone else ever get this urge?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, the dumb phone plan probably costs a lot less than a smartphone plan, so that could be an attraction. But otherwise, dumb phone + iPad would just be a lot less functional than iPhone + laptop. I mean, I love my iPad, but I still need my laptop for some tasks. There are some things the iPad still won't do that laptops does, even if you have a bluetooth keyboard with the iPad. And if I'm walking down a street and want to quickly check some info, pulling the iPhone from my pocket is a lot easier than dragging the iPad out of my bag. I know that with my usage, an iPad has to be in addition to my laptop and iPhone, and while dumb phone + iPad only might work for SOME people, I imagine that for most people, that would be pretty inconvenient.

3. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

I know what you mean. I've gone through this too. Maybe what you really just want is an iPad. :)

4. MikeTheHustler macrumors newbie

dont get the iPad, get the 5.5" iPhone instead

5. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

I am thinking getting ride of phone entirely or keeping nexus 4 forever just to take none smartphone option... And get iPad with LTE... Much cheaper option...

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

It's a case of 'want' not 'need'.

I have a MBA and iPhone 5s

I didn't need an iPad Air I just wanted one.

Disposable income comes into play and the need for gadgets.

;)

7. DramaLLama macrumors 6502

so did you buy the iPad Air?

8. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Because the iPad is cool and phones are stupid. :D

Only natural.

9. joplinG5 macrumors member

The Nexus 4 will do LTE on T-Mobile (only) and... speaking from experience... works very well. Google it to learn how.

10. Serban Suspended

I bought an late 2013 macbook pro 15" and an iMac 27" and iPad Air and iphone 5s...i dont need them all but its nice to have them,home and nice to have some of them when im traveling

11. rillrill macrumors 6502

rillrill

fixed:)

----------

i get around this feeling by occasionally using my gf's iPad. then i realize how heavy that **** is. a 5.5 iPhone would be sweet. there are more times i need a pocketable computer than a 8-10" slab to carry around. it would get annoying after a day or two.