Alright sorry to say but.....IT'S UGLY!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Krissypantz2828, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Talk about disappointing! You would think because its apple the would have came out with a different design for the iPhone 5. All they did was elongate it and add different material for the backing! Its safe to say now that I've seen it I will be buying an iPhone 4S whenever I upgrade from my iPhone! Is it me or did they just break the chain in their design patterns? They usually come out with a new design completely for each model right??? Disappointing!!! Thats all I have to say!

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

3. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

Apple can't please everybody..

I think there are enough smartphones on the market now that you can find a phone that you like instead.

4. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Its ugly...(refer to avatar). Unibody, glass, metal, and thin..what more do you want? Plastic? 5 inch screen? Phablet?

No no let me guess, you want a stylus too. Luckily there's a phone perfect for you..

5. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

No, I like iPhone...its suppose to be one of the best phones...a legacy..I will be buying the iPhone 4S instead..Right now I have an iPhone 4 and its fine for now!

----------

Umm no but they could have deviated from the iphone 4 design. Not that I dont like the design BUT I think we all had pre conceived notions that they would come out with a completely new design and shape! Alot of people Im sure agree with me! Also its LONGER..the only good thing is that it has better specs and is thinner.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's you. iPhone 3G/3GS and iPhone 4/4S retained the same design, respectively.

I'm willing to bet that the iPhone 5S next year will retain the same design but with more features as a "S" type update.

7. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

So you'd rather use a slower processor and a 3G network as opposed to 4G LTE?

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I agree with you here. I see a pattern now, every two iPhones will be the same with the later one having an "S" recognition.

9. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

lol. I love the "all they did....." posts. it took 100s of engineers months to make a great phone not only faster but thinner as well. its a lot more involved then just "changing a backplate" and rolling it out with a rolling pin. complete redesign and shrinking of every component.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's like saying the iPhone 3G could have deviated from the original iPhone design. The chrome border is still there, but they've fattened up the 3G and gave it a plastic backing. This year, they've slimmed down the 5 and gave it a two-tone metal backing.

Think of the iPhone like the Porsche 911.

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I too feel like the iPhone 4(S) looks better than the iPhone 5 based on side by side comparison pics. Seeing and holding one in person might change my view.

12. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

they could have made it like the new ipod, with a slightly rounded aluminium back then I think many more people would be happy.

13. MathiasVH macrumors regular

It is NOT unibody.

14. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

You are joking right? Do you want me to show you a picture of the 2 phones? You will notice that the 3G is rounder than the iPhone4
    Yes I agree they made it thinner and elongated it...but they are using the same concept from iPhone 4's design!!

----------

I agree with you!! I like the fact that the iPhone 4 is smaller (not longer) If I wanted a bulky device like an mini computer to hold in my hands I would have bought a samsung galaxy!

15. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

The metal back and glass is one piece..

16. outphase macrumors 65816

It's already a rounded rectangle, a very basic and minimalist shape. How much can it possibly deviate without losing the minimalist feel?

17. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

He said "respectively", meaning the 3G and 3GS maintained the same design and the 4 and the 4S retained the same design. I still cannot comprehend how anyone would choose the 4S over the 5, considering the LTE capability of the 5.

18. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

That small minute concept doesnt matter to me! Besides they are being sued right now for that feature. Also the iPhone 4S is plenty quick!! and the only difference you will notice is maybe a year from now...but by that time I will be getting whatever new phone they make! Going on the basis that its not as ugly as this one!

19. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

One piece ≠ unibody. Watch the video. It's not unibody. The almunium is all one piece, though. :)

20. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Yes but Im not talking about the S's I am talking about the 3G and the 4. Completely DIFFERENT!

21. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

You hit the nail on the head. I guess that all of the "engineers" on this site could have done way better.

22. nerdybooboo macrumors member

nerdybooboo

too late now

they have manufactured millions now...i am so disappointed, why?
    was hoping for a smaller phone with larger display. I have very small hands even for a girl.
    ...will wait for 5s!:apple:

23. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Ill wait for the 6

24. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

Then you might have to wait 2 years because the next iPhone will be iPhone 5S. haha

25. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

....which will be the same design.