Alternative DFU mode

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dj Quik Vic, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Dj Quik Vic macrumors newbie

So I have an Iphone 4 with a bad display. The backlight comes on and off but no display. My co worker had the exact same issue on the exact same phone and he said that he flashed it and after the second time the display came back up.
    I've been trying to do that but I can't get the stupid phone in DFU mode.
    I did a clean restore, inserted a sim car and made sure that i could hear the connect sound. But I couldn't turn off the damn phone to get it in DFU mode.

So first i tried turning off the phone normally. Holding the power button for 5 seconds and sliding my finger across but it wouldn't happen. I even went as much as getting another iphone and doing the steps side by side. Hitting the power button once to get it out of standby and holding it again to get the slide to power off then sliding my finger where the slide to power off should be and after 10 attempts i still couldnt get it. So i went on ICU's youtube channel and say that he did it differently. He would just hold the home and power button till the display shuts off and then continue to hold the home button. Well i tried this a million times and it doesnt work. I cant turn the ****en phone off. Ive held the power button and home button for close to 30 seconds and nothing happens. The backligh never shuts off as if it was turned off. All of this i did it with itunes to see if the phone would disappear from the list of devices and redsn0w bc at the bottom it tells you what mode ur in. and it always said iphone 4 (normal more)

so how the **** do i get this piece of **** phone in DFU so i can attempt to flash to see if that will get my display up again.

2. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Download redsn0w and follow the instruction for DFU mode make sure the phones off.It goes 3 seconds for power then hold the home for 10 without letting go of the power button after 10 seconds let go of the power button but keep holding the home button until itunes gives you a restore message

3. Dj Quik Vic thread starter macrumors newbie

but i cant turn the phone off no matter whay i try.
    should i let the phone die and charge it then try and turn it on?
    or does the phone automatically turn on when it detects power?