Alternative Facts are back!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, Mar 13, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Hey, after an extended absence, Kellyanne Conway is back! And yeah, she's back bigly, with a warning that the US government is spying on you through your TVs and even your Microwave Ovens:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...gh-tvs-and-microwaves/?utm_term=.9a2a2ce07943

So yeah, be warned that if you like to warm up a mug of hot chocolate in the middle of the night, you'd better have your PJ's on!

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Nope! I'm gonna be naked in front of my microwave and wave to KellyAnn. :D

3. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

Don't stick anything in the microwave that you don't want the government to see!

4. Nefilim Suspended

I'll assume that that filthy lying sow is counting on the outrage of the deplorables by the CIA leaks last week to the point where any evidence or critical thinking simply has become obsolete.

5. zin macrumors 6502

She's referencing the recent WikiLeaks release of CIA hacking tools, which indeed confirmed that the agency can spy on you through your television.

Wouldn't be surprised if microwaves were in on it, too. What's the point of this thread?

6. samcraig macrumors P6

I know I don't say ANYTHING when I'm using my pencil sharpener and blender. And my toaster? I know it's listening. I just hope KAC doesn't wear her tin foil hat around her microwave. That would be shocking!!

7. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

"Don't worry guys, I am not listening in on your conversations!"

[​IMG]

8. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

And microwaves that turn into cameras? Could this be how Obama personally wire tapped Trump, through his gold plated microwave oven?

9. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't know how advanced your microwave is - but I've never seen one with a camera.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 13, 2017 ---
    It might get a lot of use reheating KFC and Burger King.

10. Nefilim Suspended

Let me guess, you also don't care about evidence of Trump being wiretapped by Obama? :)

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I think she's referring to microwave rays being used for surveillance. Laser microphones are a thing, and are used on glass to pickup the vibrations of someone speaking. Hell you can do it with a bag of chips if you needed to.

That said, this woman was being praised during the campaign as being a media genius....if what I said above is what she was actually referring do, what a crappy job she's done in the media that ISN'T the right wing echo chamber.

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Can you please direct me to a website that sells microwaves with hidden cameras ?

13. samcraig macrumors P6

The Sharper Image had one in the 80s. TrumpWave - perfect for defrosting Trump Steaks.

14. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Um, no. No, she wasn't. She first talked about phones, then TVs, and then, "microwaves that turn into cameras". She's plainly worried about physical objects like microwave ovens, not about airwaves.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

Poltergeist IV - KAC gets sucked into a microwave and leads people away from the truth and into the world of Alternative Facts

16. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

Maybe she was staying in Area 51 this whole time she's been away from the Media!!

17. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

You know I must say, if this "administration" were this disastrous without at least being humorous, it would be a hell of a lot worse. At least they entertain us while destroying our country with their halfwhitted schemes. It's fun being able to join the rest of the world in pointing and laughing at the circus that is our pathetic government and our weak ass leader and his entourage of inbreds.

18. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

OMG she's seen my foot long ... hotdog... :oops:

19. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

And the meatballs!

20. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

No one is forcing you to participate.

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

:rolleyes: You and KellyAnn will have to explain to me how Microwave ovens can see my willie without a camera. This should be good. I can't wait.

To show how ridiculous the people you side with are.

22. zin macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure she'd be referring to microwaves that've been tampered with, not actual off-the-shelf microwaves.

We already know the NSA intercepts devices en route to their final destination, tampering with them for surveillance purposes. Cisco routers are an example. Why is it so far fetched to believe they'd hijack other items and install taps in them?

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ah, I've got to love the backspin and reverse engineering explanations that the Trump administration and their supporters do when they get caught saying something dumb. Say what you mean, mean what you say. Especially when in a communications position. Is KellyAnn really that bad at her job?

24. zin macrumors 6502

'Microwaves turning into cameras' is what she said. I do not discount it as being outside of the capabilities of the NSA/CIA. It in fact wouldn't be that hard to tap a microwave before it gets delivered to a customer.

These are agencies that can hack into car software and make it have an accident. People that can plant in-house malware disguised as foreign. People that can reverse engineer your TV, making it appear turned off, whilst it secretly records your conversations. And you doubt that they can turn a microwave into a recording device?

25. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

HOW do "they" know the microwave they bugged is going to the person intended ?
    Or are you saying ALL microwaves have hidden camera in them ?