Alternative Facts are back!

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Yes, dumb comment but I think we all know she was just getting the point across that we would be surprised at how we can all be spied on.
Again, the problem with seeing her statement in this light is that, if she believes this, she's contradicting the President. Trump's tweet was not that there was a possibility that Obama used various high-tech techniques to spy on him. Instead, Trump said that Obama was wiretapping the phones in Trump Tower. He was stating a specific fact.

If Obama wasn't wiretapping the phones in Trump Tower, then Trump was lying, and trying to use that lie to slander his predecessor in the office. That is why this is such a big issue...

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
NO.

This is about some insane person tweating ********. UNPROVEN ********.
And what was being tweeted about? And the actual post was about a dumb comment from Kellyanne Conway, and not the tweet. Also, why would the investigation be toward Trump and not Obama?

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
Uh, the possible Russian connection, his dodgy business practices...
Did I miss that in the OPs statement? This was all about Russia and Trump businesses? If that is the case then I must have read the wrong thread. And those darn Russians (nothing supporting this either BTW) releasing the truth. The dems must really hate when the truth gets out.

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Did I miss that in the OPs statement? This was all about Russia and Trump businesses?
Actually, you did miss that in the OP's statement. ;) Conway, indeed, never once mentioned Russia or Trump's businesses. In fact, she never quite managed to discuss anything in Trump's tweet, either. She was slowly heading off into la-la land, discussing topics that had absolutely nothing to do with Trump.

People say that they like Trump because he's not a politician. But he sure seems to pick folks to represent him who can duck & weave as well or better than any politician...

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

AlliFlowers

Contributor
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
You mean Obama? Isn't this about Obama bugging Trump towers? Either way Trump needs to take a step back and just do his job. I like many of the things he does policy wise, but I just wish he could do it without talking and tweeting. Maybe a good case of laryngitis would do some good :)
No. The burden of proof lies on the accuser. So it's all on Trump. He made a statement as fact. Now it's up to him to prove it. So let the investigation continue. And if it turns out he was making things up just to make his predecessor look bad, then let's remove him from office immediately.

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
No. The burden of proof lies on the accuser. So it's all on Trump. He made a statement as fact. Now it's up to him to prove it. So let the investigation continue. And if it turns out he was making things up just to make his predecessor look bad, then let's remove him from office immediately.
Ya. It seems the DOJ ( Sessions ) seems to need more time to get the "proof".

It's his way of deflecting away from his perjury.
Bank on it.