Alternative to Magic Mouse that works fully in ML and can track on glass?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jaybar, Aug 17, 2012.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502a

jaybar

Hi

I am looking for an alternative to my Magic Mouse that is fully compatable with Mountain Lion and can track on glass. People on the internet are reporting problems with the Logitch Performance MX and Mountain Lion as of 8/8/2012.

There is nothing Wrong with the Magic Mouse other than it periodically looses connection (several times a month) and it does not track on glass and my rechargeables do not seem to last long. I put all of this in the inconvenience colu

I also just purchased an Apple magic trackpad for my iMac. It takes getting used to as I have never used a trackpad before. Is some "adjustment" normal? It is roumored to have less connectivity issues, but time will tell.

Any suggestions for another mouse?

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

"People on the internet are reporting problems with the Logitch Performance MX and Mountain Lion as of 8/8/2012."

Are the "problems" they report due to hardware, or rather with the Logitech Control Center -software-?

If it's just the software, use either "USB Overdrive" or "SteerMouse" to control the Logitech mouse instead.

After using Logitech mice for years, my Apple-labeled pointing devices are stored safely away in the drawer, or remain in the original shrinkwrap!