aluminum unibody macbook - same size as 13" macbook pro, or 13" unibody macbook white

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SPNarwhal, Jun 19, 2011.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I'm buying a speck/incase hardshell for my unibody aluminum macbook, but want to know what kind i should buy. obviously cases fit for this model are long gone, but what case should i buy for? White unibody macbook, or 13" Macbook Pro?
    I know the Macbook is a little smaller than the 13" Macbook Pro, so. s.o.s.

I'm assuming it's the 13" Macbook Pro, but want to be safe here.

Thanks.

2. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

If I understood correctly, you want a case for your Aluminum Macbook.
    I'm pretty sure that's the same design and size as the current 13" macbook pro, if that answers your question.

3. altecXP macrumors 65816

It is the same size as the 13in MBP, but if you are getting a hard shell make sure that it has room for your ports. Some are cut differently due to the new MBP having an SD card slot and FW800.

4. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Both above responses are spot on.

A) The plastic unibody is a much more round shape than the aluminum unibody. The cases for the aluminum one will more than likely work, while the cases made for the plastic ones almost certainly won't.

B) Be sure that instead of having specifically-cut ports, there is simply a single open space on the side. If the ports are individually cut out, they will not line up correctly on the older model. Instead, opt for one large empty slot.

5. free-refil macrumors newbie

I purchased the mCover for the 13" macbook pro from eBay, for $19 shipped, it came with a free half keyboard cover and fits over all the ports great as it's just one big cutout... Highly recommended for the price!!!