Am I able to do the prequalified credit check for new customers at the Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lazygregg, Jul 7, 2008.

1. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Being that I've only seen att pushing people to do the prequalified credit check and no word from apple, my guess would be no. Of course if you really want a definitive answer you can call the store.

2. guitarguy09 macrumors member

I don't see why not just go to an AT&T over the next day or two and set it all up. It will save us all time on launch day (more time for you, and everyone behind you in line, to play with our new toys).

3. lazygregg thread starter macrumors member

i called the apple store and just got verification that they are NOT doing pre-qualified credit checks for new AT&T customers before July 11 only AT&T is.

Apple store obviously will do credit checks for new customers on July 11.

4. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Just a warning, some of the AT&T stores are clueless about this. I called 2 stores yesterday who claimed they aren't doing pre-credit checks and its only a rumor.

Of course, I pointed out the website and video suggesting it ... same response. Communications in AT&T is fairly bad.

5. drchipinski macrumors 6502

drchipinski

I went since I had an account within the past few months...I wanted to make sure there was no "screw-ups" on ATT's behalf.

I was also told they would check the credit again next Friday...I wonder if ATT knows that they are killing people's credit rating with extended checks. :mad:

6. cgentry macrumors member

I went to AT&T today- They did a credit check on me.
    I have NO credit history. No payments or anything. Somehow, I got away with no security deposit- Today, God looked upon me and said, "Here's a break, friend." I love that man.

7. achambe macrumors newbie

Can you take the pre approved credit check to an Apple Store, or do you have to take it to At&T on launch day?

8. backfromtejas macrumors newbie

Haha Amen to that.

But honestly, it's really simple to get pre-qualified for a cellphone if you have no credit at all. I got one at the age of 18 through my name, had no credit whatsoever.

I don't understand how all these people are freaking out about having to pay the $500 for a security deposit. They must have some pretty bad credit.....

9. meagain macrumors 68030

Exactly how long did that process take? I'm trying to pre-disaster myself for waiting in line behind AT&T newbies.

10. meagain macrumors 68030

To verify.... If we buy from Apple and are current AT&T iPhoners.....

Are they going to open the box and touch my phone & plug a cord into it (hopefully not missing and scratching the bezel) and put my naked phone down on the counter? :eek:

I want to open the box ceremoniously at HOME.

???

11. drchipinski macrumors 6502

drchipinski

Amen. If they pull all the plastic off...it is on!

12. Wolf103FM macrumors regular

This is certainly good news for me!

13. meagain macrumors 68030

They'll just rip the plastic off too! Same with the plastic on the box. Slice, rip, toss in garbage. That alone will freek me out. IF this has to be, I'm going to insist on opening it myself and will bring a small pocket knife - ok, whipping out a knife with an angry crowd who's been waiting forever isn't a good idea. They have cutters. Actually, I might trust them to carefully open the box - but no one removes/touches my phone. If it has to be plugged in to something - I'll plug it in myself.

Oh Friday is going to be uggggly.

14. Wayne9125 macrumors newbie

wow i was told i have to pay a 150 deposit and i have a few 150+ dollar payments on a credit card under my belt

15. aforty macrumors 65816

Who?

16. cgentry macrumors member

They were dead in the AT&T store I went to- It took 5 minutes, tops. They just need your license and SS#.
    ... God.

17. lazygregg thread starter macrumors member

yeah it took me 5 mins to get my credit checked at the at&t store today as well...i have $0 deposit!
    better safe than sorry to get it checked before hand...you dont want to stay in line for 3 hours and find out u have to pay a nasty deposit!