Am I being silly? Still on OS 4.0 waiting for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by late show, Feb 20, 2012.

  1. late show macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    #1
    I have an iPhone 4 with OS 4.0 and baseband 01.59.00.

    I have not upgraded to OS 5.1 because I was planning to unlock/sell this phone and buy the iPhone 5 when it comes out.

    But now I want to upgrade to OS 5.1 for all the bells and whistles.

    Should I wait? or just go for it and upgrade?
     
  2. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

    EvryDayImShufln

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2006
    #2
    So what you're saying is to make an extra 50$ you're missing out on tons of useful features and new apps for months and months until you get your iPhone 5 (in sept or october most likely?).

    You know what I'm gonna say :D
     
  3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #3
    You can update to custom 5.0.1 ipsw created with redsnow in order to save your unlockable baseband.
    Then you can still have the unlock option and the latest iOS and JB.
     
  4. late show thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    #4
    2 excellent posts!

    In the past I would jb/use the old iPhone for a second phone line, which I now do not have, so selling after upgrading would be the only use I can think of.

    $50? wow, thats less than I thought.... gone are the golden iPhone 1 ebay days I guess.

    thank you both for your responses.
     

Share This Page