HomePod Am I crazy or has Siri on HomePod become worse?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by strategicthinke, Mar 13, 2018.

1. strategicthinke Suspended

strategicthinke

I’ve been using the HomePod since the first day it was being sold. I am almost sure that the Hey Siri went from being almost magical (meaning I could whisper it and the HomePod would respond to it) to being stubbornly erratic. Is it just me or is there something going on? Is it all in my mind? Am I being picky or influenced by placebo effect?
    Thanks, everyone.

2. Jesla macrumors 6502a

Jesla

Pick up your Pod up and cuddle it then put it down. Problem resolved....

3. Kg4zlb macrumors member

Kg4zlb

I found quite the opposite - Siri on my HomePod is responsive, fast and gets it right 90% of the time (in my humble estimation) - as soon as I got the HomePod I immediately thought that Siri had been improved and have been hoping that a future iOS update will bering the same results to my iPhone/iPad - I wonder why your results are so much worse.

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 65816

cyclingplatypus

I haven't experienced what you have - she has been impressively responsive in my usage. Where do you have your HP set up? I wonder if it is close to a wall if the bounce back is effecting her performance? I have mine set in an open space.

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

It was never good on my end, one of the reasons why I returned it. You want voice control Apple? You need to do loads better and lower her darn voice besides, not that I got good responses anyway and when they are loud AND incorrect ...

6. Moakesy macrumors regular

Moakesy

Absolutely agree. Noticed it yesterday.

Previously I could stand in the far corner of my kitchen, say 'Hey Siri' in my normal voice and the HomePod in my living room would pick up all commands perfectly. I was probably 30 feet away and around a corner.

Yesterday, I found I was having to shout more, even when only six feet away. IMHO, it's certainly worse than it was when I first got it.

7. Jesla macrumors 6502a

Jesla

I was not kidding in my first post.....move your Pod in some fashion so the motion
    censors detect movement and resets it's environment.