Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viachicago22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
There's an area on the very top of my 6 Plus that appears brighter than it should be. This is very nitpicky but now it's all I see and is driving me crazy. It's not something behind the banner because it's there when I haven't scrolled up any. In the attached image it's the area right in between the wifi I on and the time. Do others see this? Is this caused by something? It's obviously not a big deal, just don't want to worry about it becoming an issue down the road. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 111

viachicago22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Shoot it's not showing up in that image which is weird because on my camera roll it is. So if there is some sort of light bleed around one area on the top edge anyone know what causes that and if I should address it?

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
Shoot it's not showing up in that image which is weird because on my camera roll it is. So if there is some sort of light bleed around one area on the top edge anyone know what causes that and if I should address it?

you really think if you're having a SCREEN issue with the brightness of your SCREEN that showing us anything other than the actual SCREEN will show us the problem? doesn't work that way.

of course it still shows up on your camera roll... you're still looking at it on the same SCREEN.

As mentioned above, take a picture of the entire phone with a different camera. or... just do like everyone else does and get it replaced.

viachicago22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
you really think if you're having a SCREEN issue with the brightness of your SCREEN that showing us anything other than the actual SCREEN will show us the problem? doesn't work that way.

of course it still shows up on your camera roll... you're still looking at it on the same SCREEN.

As mentioned above, take a picture of the entire phone with a different camera. or... just do like everyone else does and get it replaced.

Okay, okay, so not the best thinking skills on my part. :eek::eek::eek: Wow. I wonder how I tie my own shoes. Geesh. Okay, sorry. So any thoughts now that I have a real picture? I absolutely realize it's not a big deal but, again, I'm just trying to make sure it does become a bigger problem in the future.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

----------

Take an actual picture of it with another camera

Yeah, duh. Sorry, my fault. Any thoughts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.