Am i crazy to believe that the new iPhone will come out at the wwdc?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheZimm, Jun 4, 2009.

1. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

Call me crazy but I think that all of this leakage of the new iPhone is all to excite the crowd. Then from that they could just sell it when the wwdc starts cuz everyone's already pretty much seen it. And I think that since the new iPhone would be coming out, 3.0 would be coming out. It's the first time I've expressed my thoughts on this, so don't get too down on me :p.

It's a marketing technique, when the nikon d3 came out they did similar things... the only difference is that the camera is much more expensive, and there was a confirmed date of when it was coming out..

Dan

2. actorkid macrumors 6502

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

We'd know if it were coming out, since it would have to go through the FCC, OS 3.0 is no where near completion, there are still some features Apple is withholding that the developers need to bug test (probably). Need I go on?

4. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

fine fine fine, I see that side. hmm seems as so I'm wrong =/. Or they could be secretly testing =D.

Dan

5. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Scene it? Are we talking about the board game? Ohhhhh seen it.

Where have you seen it?? All I have seen are easily debunked fakes and mock-ups. Please post a link if you have one.

6. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I think 3.0 might be released then. I don't think the new iphone will though, sorry! ;)

7. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

I think the best guess for an availability date is 7/12/2009.

8. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

Tehe, thanks I fixed that.
    http://www.macrumors.com/2009/06/04/possibly-leaked-images-of-next-iphone-and-other-sketchy-rumors/
    http://www.macrumors.com/2009/06/04...placeholders-for-new-16-gb-and-32-gb-iphones/
    http://www.tuaw.com/2009/06/04/rumor-new-iphone-pictures-leaked/
    ... have you looked at macrumors.com recently =]

Dan

9. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

The way I understood it was the FCC has a fast track certification and what Apple likes to do is announce the product as its going through that process so we don't get a preview from the FCC.

10. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

y do you say?

Dan

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Yes, the first one was debunked as faked. The second one-- that's just a place holder, we know a new phone is coming the question is: when? The third link has been debunked and is completely fake.

So you have anything else to add?

12. jeremykyle macrumors regular

Yeah I definitely doubt that the new hardware will be available Monday. However software wise, I strongly think that we will see something new. Were there not going to be new software released, there would already be a new beta.

13. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

hmm never heard anyone use debunked that way =]. Mk, I didn't know that, I would be sorry. Please accept my apology

Dan

14. griz macrumors 6502a

They need to announce an actual release date. Then the crowds can gather in line at 5am in front of the AT&T and Apple stores. Releasing it at WWDC would not have the effect. The announcement will come at WWDC, but it will not be available to ship that day.

15. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This is the biggest reason. They get a TON of free media exposure the week before the iPhone comes out. If it just "appeared" at WWDC they'd lose that very valuable (and free) resource.

16. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Actually Apple would have already submitted the new iPhone to the FCC for approval. Any company can request that the documents be sealed until the day of the product release.

Last year the 3G was approved for release prior to WWDC 08. All documents were sealed prior to that date - even then, most docs were not available until the actual date of the iPhone 3G's release.

17. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Is it so hard for everyone to believe that Apple might decide they want to change things and maybe surprise us?

James

18. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

Pretty much, yes.

19. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I don't see why people think Apple will surprise us and like roll out many new features of 3.0 software. What we saw is what we are getting.

3.0 software and the new iPhone probably won't be out until the end of June sadly. Apple loves to leave out surprises and keep people waiting.

20. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Except for video, auto focus, compass... yep.