Am I crazy to want a 4s and NOT a 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by estockme, Sep 30, 2011.

1. estockme macrumors regular

Disgruntled Android user here... totally able in windows, linux and mac.

Like most people who haven't successfully resisted the urge to get a smart phone I have had it up to here with Android... Basically every argument in favor of apple in the past, from hardware and version fissures to style has been amplified ten times by telephones. So am I crazy to want something more like the 4s than the 5? Of course I'm talking about the dominant ideas of them--an a5 iphone 4 or a bigger iphone 5.

1)I've seen big android phones. their batteries die so quickly that your life becomes a series of moves from one outlet to another. If you commute an hour or 2 by public transportation your phone might well die on the ride--mine does, even if i'm not using it consistently.

2)Big phones are big. If you like to carry it in a pocket I don't know of anything more compact than the iphone. I don't watch movies or play games so much, though i read a bit. isn't the current size enough?

I'm talking about what I see as sensible media consumption. A smart phone should be a tool, and to me battery life is more important than having the biggest screen or the fastest speeds. Am I just way off base here?

2. aztooh macrumors 6502a

If you don't like whatever form factor the next iPhone comes in, the iPhone 4 will still be available when the new iPhone comes out. Problem solved.

3. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

The rumors are so all over the place that even if it is an iPhone 5 it is not guaranteed to be much larger if at all. At this point it looks near certain there will be an iPhone 4S. The question is if an iPhone 5 will be released as well.

Also if I am going to trust any manufacturer to make a device with good battery life it is Apple.

4. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

4 inch is not that big. I think you can trust Apple when come to battery.

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Considering Apple's obsession of battery life, they won't compromise it for a bigger screen. If there is a bigger screen, it will have the same battery life as the current iPhone or better.

Personally I would love the "legendary 10 hour battery life" as Steve calls it, on the next iPhone.

----------

I'll probably get thumbs down but I can't resist.

That's what she said?

6. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

no fair, that was from another thread.

7. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Agreed.

Battery life is always my #1 feature in a smartphone.

Because of this the iPhone 5 and Galaxy Note (2500mAh battery :eek:) are the only two I am considering at the moment...

8. EddyP macrumors 6502

I don't think you're crazy at all.

I don't care about a bigger screen or a new form factor. I currently have a 3GS so a 4S would still be a nice upgrade.

9. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I want a new form factor but not a bigger screen

10. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

This is the EXACT opposite of what I constantly repeat into my wife's ear once she falls asleep.

11. i4Collin macrumors regular

12. earlycuyler, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011

earlycuyler macrumors member

I wouldn't go so far as to say I want a 4S instead of a 5, but I wouldn't be disappointed at all with a 4S. I carry my phone in my pocket as well. I don't watch movies or TV shows on my phone. I also value the long and stable battery life I enjoy on my iPhone. So, the current form factor and screen size are pretty much perfect for me.

13. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Agreed. There'll be a stock of iPhone 4's left anyway that they will need to clear out. That's if they don't release a 4S type of iPhone.

Personally, I believe that the iPhone 4S is for people who like the design of the iPhone 4 so much, that they don't want to leave it for the new iPhone 5 design. If it features the A5, then it will have Assistant and the latest features of iOS 5, too. That way, Apple can capitalize on a wide range of consumers and can offer a choice of design for those interested in the iPhone.