Am I eligible for Out of Warranty Repair?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AngryFlamingo, Aug 29, 2014.

1. AngryFlamingo macrumors newbie

I broke my iPhone 4 earlier today and was wondering if I was eligible for Out of Warranty Repair Services.

I've been looking at this site as a guide and I think it still is eligible for Out of Warranty Repair

http://www.tested.com/tech/ios/454866-apples-iphone-5-warranty-guidelines-uncovered/

They say the following things are ineligible for repair

1. Disassembled unit or Missing Parts
    2. Catastrophic Damage
    3. Counterfeit

So basically, what I gather is, is that if the iphone is still in one piece, it is covered by warranty.

Earlier today, I accidentaly dropped my phone from the second floor. The glass is shattered but it doesn't look to bad. The main problem is the LCD doesn't work and I can't see the display. I can't turn it on either, but I could turn it off. Apparently, the phone works too, as I could hear some sounds on it after it broke.

So my question is, do you think this would be eligible for Out of Warranty Repair?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

My guess is as long as you pay the out of warranty fee they will replace it for you.
    Just don't mention to them if fell from the 2nd floor:)

3. Iphonedai macrumors member

i was able to sneak a replacement in for my iphone (moisture damaged but without making a mess on the water damage indicators luckily) one month after warranty expired. I think if you meet a nice enough genius bar person they will probably help you.

Good luck!