Am I eligible for the early upgrade? My date says 11-20-10

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by broboore, Jun 7, 2010.

1. broboore macrumors regular

broboore

I've read the iPhone upgrade guide and I am still not sure if I am eligible.

Up until yesterday, my date said 2-20-11. As of today this is the wording I get.

"You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing. Additional discounts may be available on 11/20/2010 "

The wording in ATT's press release states.

"Any existing iPhone customer eligible for an upgrade between today and the end of this year will be eligible for our best pricing for iPhone 4, $199 and $299, with a two year term commitment."

Does that mean I am now eligible for best pricing, or is the November date my new date?

I also tried contacting ATT via live chat AND phone. No one seems to know.

Thanks in advance.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Please visit an AT&T store for your exact situation or call AT&T. We here can guess at best what you status is but AT&T knows exactly. Give them a try!

3. None Such macrumors 6502

I just checked my account and here's what it says:

"iPhone Upgrade
    As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price, along with a 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please proceed with the online upgrade process for pricing details. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 04/18/2011"

I'm not sure I understand it. A discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price? huh?

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You qualify for the $399 and $499 pricing... that's it.

5. chdwil macrumors regular

I have an att business acct. that I opened last June. Ii called ATT today and they informed me to my suprise that I can get a new iphone 4 for the $199.00 and $299.00 pricing.

6. broboore thread starter macrumors regular

broboore

I did call ATT, as well as Live Chat with them. They really had no clue.

I suppose I will find out on the 15th when it's time to pre-order.

@chdwil

What number did you call? I also have a business account.

7. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

word from apple is that AT&T is allowing people who's contract is supposed to end in 2010 to upgrade at the fully subsidized pricing on launch day. Since your upgrade date was originally in 2011 they will not allow you to upgrade on launch day. They did however, decrease the amount of time you have to wait which is better. So no, unfortunately you are not eligible, but like others have said, contact AT&T for the official answer.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Dial *639# and hit send. See what that message says.