Am I getting the best monitor?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by CamoBits, Jul 1, 2014.

1. CamoBits macrumors newbie

I have a Retina Macbook Pro that I wanted to use with a dual set of monitors. I was looking for a 21.5" monitor that looks as good as the 21.5" iMac. So I took the resolution of the that iMac 1920-by-1080 and looked for a monitor with the same resolution and screen size. I also had a few other specifications like the ms to not be higher than 5ms, speakers, and of course support for HDMI but I always looked at the ones without those extra criteria because they're not really that important if I can find a decent one with a good price but doesn't have all these extras, I would be fine with it.

Anyway, after researching here and there I found this monitor. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8573309&Sku= at a good deal (bought it when it was on sale). I just got the monitors and I wouldn't say they neccaisrly look as good as an iMac. I don't know if I need to actually get them to full resolution but they dont seem as good as I expected. Maybe this is after all how the iMac looks like and I'm just confusing because I've been using Retina screen primarily. Do you guys think this monitor is a good one?

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Resolution is 1366 x 768 if you read the specs (it does say 1920 x1080 elsewhere). Depending on which of these is true will make a big difference as to is it a good monitor. Also what you intend to use it for.

3. Freyqq macrumors 68040

I recommend the Dell u2412M. Great reviews and IPS.

4. vjicecool macrumors 6502

i purchased vizio 30inch M-series tv refurb one for 200 bucks was very happy with it

5. CamoBits thread starter macrumors newbie

That much of a difference will definitely be noticeable but I don't see where 1366x768 is. I use it for just about everything, really. Gaming and designing are stuff I would do ocationally.

6. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

In the text after What it is and why you need it.

Attached Files:

7. CamoBits thread starter macrumors newbie

Gonna have to contact them and ask about and I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't 1920. In case it isn't, do you know of any good monitors (21.5") that has the iMac's resolution?

8. gtanner00 macrumors member

A friend who does high level graphic rendering work recommended the dell p2214 as the perfect non gaming IPS monitor for $200. He's had nothing but good experiences with dell and there are added features like displayport and USB hub which don't come on similarly priced entry level monitors.

9. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

My monitor is an NEC Spectraview 241. Probably a bit out of your price range. The Dell ultra series are pretty good on a budget.

10. Fishrrman macrumors G4