Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
I'm of course a HUGE apple person. Love their products and stand behind what they do 100% . I recently found these online and was thinking about ordering them, but I just wanna ask is it too much to do? I work retail and my name on my tag is "idave" and i'm pretty much the "apple guy" at work. we all know a little about apple but when it comes to trouble shooting and advance stuff its always me they ask or fixing iphones.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/83413813/apple-tear-earringsa-tribute-for-steve
Is this a yes or no?

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
I'm of course a HUGE apple person. Love their products and stand behind what they do 100% . I recently found these online and was thinking about ordering them, but I just wanna ask is it too much to do? I work retail and my name on my tag is "idave" and i'm pretty much the "apple guy" at work. we all know a little about apple but when it comes to trouble shooting and advance stuff its always me they ask or fixing iphones.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/83413813/apple-tear-earringsa-tribute-for-steve
Is this a yes or no?

I love Apple as much as the next guy, but yes, you are going too far.

I'm the resident Mac guy in my department (and I'm in computing, so there's a lot of hate, lol) and if I saw someone with those earrings I would not hesitate to punch them in the scrotum.

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
Lmao thanks for the honesty! guess i'm not ordering them:D

HOWEVER, given what I said, I also totally respect people doing what they want. I'm a 21 year old dude, and every now and then I wear a star earring I got when I was 10, just for the memories.

If you like these earrings, you should get them!

Last edited:

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
HOWEVER, given what I said, I also totally respect people doing what they want. I'm a 21 year old dude, and every now and then I wear a star earring I got when I was 10, just for the memories. I'm sure it looks gay as kissing dicks, but hey, I like it.

If you like these earrings, you should get them!

I do like em. The tear drop not so much , but the apple is pretty sweet. Its no HUGE or anything. i'm just tired of wearing the same ole earings ( basic fake diamond looking things) I'm not trying to be a "player" or anything like that. So I thought these were pretty cool. But I can see where it goes a little overboard. Now if I worked for Apple itself. maybe I would do it a little more.

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
I do like em. The tear drop not so much , but the apple is pretty sweet. Its no HUGE or anything. i'm just tired of wearing the same ole earings ( basic fake diamond looking things) I'm not trying to be a "player" or anything like that. So I thought these were pretty cool. But I can see where it goes a little overboard. Now if I worked for Apple itself. maybe I would do it a little more.

Honestly, dude, I'd wear two of those Apples. It's the tear that ruffles my feathers. I think if you like Apple you should get two Apples.

...then tell me where you got them :D

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
EXACTLY, its the tear that is going overboard . Don't get me wrong I looked like this ----> :( when I heard Jobs passed away. Hell I even have a photo of him next to my "apple nightlight" but an earing thats a tear is a little crazy lol Just saying

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I'd say that's a step too far into ridiculously tacky, yes. It may actually be a step up from fake diamonds though. Say no to bling.

Heilage

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2009
I think it's a step too far to stand 100% behind Apple and what they do.

Molecule

macrumors regular
May 19, 2010
If they were cufflinks they'd be pretty cool. It'd be better if they matched though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.