Am I gonna have to manage 2 different accounts with iCloud?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mnsportsgeek, Jun 30, 2011.

1. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Hello everybody,

I just have a question for those of you with the iCloud Beta. When I get my @me.com account when iCloud is released. Will I have manage that and my apple ID separately? How will this work? Anybody have a clue?

2. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I believe the AppleID and iCloud ID are linked. Not positive tho, not a dev.

3. mnsportsgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

Can anyone explain how they are linked? What will be different?

4. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

The answer is - yes unfortunately.

Source:
    http://www.apple.com/mobileme/transition.html

5. mnsportsgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

That is absolutely ridiculous. We should be able to merge our purchases with the new account and be able to full drop the old one if we want to. After all, we are getting a new email address.

Apple dropped the ball here.

6. rajjkamal macrumors newbie

Your email is your apple ID. Just change your apple ID(gmail/Yahoo etc) to your new MobileMe email. Your MobileMe email IS your iCloud ID. this way, your Apple ID= Your MobileME email= Your iCloud ID.

7. Nathan21585 macrumors member

When you create your new @me.com address it is linked to your current apple Id. You can log in with either your new address or the old one. At least that is the way it is as of right now. Not sure if it will change or not.

8. shandyman Suspended

Currently, in the beta,when you set up the iPhone you enter your apple ID for iCloud, when you turn mail in iCloud, it asks you to pick a me.com address and that is tied to your apple ID.

But if you already have a mobile me account, when it's converted to iCloud it's separate to uYour apple iD and apple won't merge them.

9. mnsportsgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

That makes sense. I'll just change the email on my apple id to be my new @me.com address. That should work I'm assuming.