Am I hoping too much?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by russell1256, Sep 6, 2014.

1. russell1256 macrumors regular

Thinking of upgrading my 4S. Going through the pluses and minuses of iPhone or an android. One of the biggest is easy storage, adding movies, songs, ring tones, books, etc to a phone. Apple makes it hard, some of the android phones make it easy. Could the new iPhone 6 change this?

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Apple is always a proprietary device. Other companies will offer you features that apple doesn't have because that's the nature of competition.

3. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

What you're wanting is to do with software and we've already seen what iOS 8 will be offering.

Your requirements are things which I do not foresee happening with iOS in quite a while yet, it may never even happen.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The new OS won't change those things, but I do have 1 question, what's difficult about downloading movies, songs, ring tones, and books to iOS? You click the download button, and done. Do you mean that Apple makes it less convenient to do it illegally?

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I think the OP is referring to content purchased outside of iTunes.

6. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Adding movies/videos you have stored on your computer can be done through the VLC app. Doesn't fix the rest of your problems, but just a tip lol.

7. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

What do u mean? It's simple to download movies, ringtones, & books. Get on the (much cleaner, no clutter) App Store, find what u want, and download it.

8. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

VLC is an awesome app, you can even do WIFI upload which is pretty cool.

9. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

You are very confused.
    Provided that iPhone will never have sd cards, you are referring to OS features. Software. And iOS 8 has been out for months. Search the forums or google, and help yourself.

10. Milese3 macrumors 6502

I disagree. Apple has iTunes, this allows for quick, smart syncing. It is super fast and efficient. You can manage data directly from your PC/Mac before you sync.

11. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I am thinking if the poster likes Android, then there is the answer.

I would see minimal changes in the topics addressed by the OP in the new phone or new OS. Just the way Apple works.

I download all kinds of personal movies to my phone/ipad. Easier on Android? Don't know, cause I am decided to stay with Apple Ecosystem.

Note to OP - try to make your subject title more descriptive.