Am I in the clear or not (SHSH question for people who know about this stuff)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ryefield, Oct 28, 2010.

1. ryefield macrumors newbie

alright lads?

So, I finally got my brand new iPhone 4 and it's running iOS 4.0.1 right?
    long story short:
    1. I f*cked it up messing with the files (deleting lproj folders)
    2. I tried to restore it but couldn't (iTunes gave errors)
    3. Somehow managed to JB it without restoration (I reckon) with Limera1n and although I later found out Limera1n doesn't play along with Ultrasn0w, I was able to unlock the device (luck?)

anyways, I've learned the importance of backing up SHSH blobs and got Tiny Umbrella (4.1.12) but I'm not sure if I'm covered or not! here's the confusing log upon hitting (Save SHSH):
    [​IMG]

(sorry for the size)

See that line saying Cydia doas NOT have my files and it's too late for me etc.? but before that it says the opposite! wtf?!

and here's the General tab:
    [​IMG]

My Cydia doesn't have any "make my life easier" button nor anything close to it, and it doesn't say "this device's SHSH are saved.."

So, masters, where am I standing with that?

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

if thats the serial number of your phone in the general tab then you have those shsh files saved. as far as cydia for some reason the make my life easier button is gone and showing what you have saved is gone also. Saurik has been asked many times on twitter why but I have not seen a response. even the dev team has made comments on it being gone. but with TinyUmbrella you are safe.

3. ryefield thread starter macrumors newbie

splendid. cheers mate.
    by the way how exactly do i use these SHSH blobs when I upgrade my OS to 4.1? or am I not suppose to ever upgrade from the current 4.0.1 at all?

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

myzhi's instructions that I searched for on MR :rolleyes:

Download and run Tinyumbrella:
    1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
    2) check "Advanced Options."
    3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select 4.0.1 firmware.
    4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
    5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
    6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and can downgrade to.
    7) Start "TSS server" and restore through iTunes with firmware shown in #6.
    8) If you phone get stuck during restore, trying "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.

5. yac macrumors newbie

I stopped trusting Saurik a long time ago, but i still felt that he was doing the community good, until he bought Rock and instead of doing the logical thing(integrate their backends into one, allowing freedom of choice), he crippled Rock app, forcing those of us who loathe Cydia to hunt down an older version and install manually(which is NP btw).

It does not surprise me in the slightest that Saurik removed the SHSH function from his site, simply because it doesnt generate revenue for him. Saurik and his cronies at SaurikIT may or may not have cared about the community in the past, but the only thing he cares about these days is money.

He will go out of his way to sabotage the user experience, in fact i wouldnt be surprised if he starts to spread malware through his site. He is a bane to the JB community and deserves to be expelled. I emplore everyone to boycott his so-called "store" and all the buggy, slow apps he somehow managed to develop.

Boycott Saurik today!