Am I screwed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone46, Oct 2, 2012.

1. iphone46 macrumors regular

I tried to downgrade my phone to a custom version of 4.2.8 and it booted and showed no MEID apparent problem however I shut it off and now it's stuck in DFU mode I got a 160X error and now keep getting -1 errors for the most part and tried to boot the phone with redsn0w. Will apple notice if I take it in the genius bar that it has a custom IPSW?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Dunno if you're screwed but they could probably tell.

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Put it into DFU mode again before you take it in.
    If you're getting anything on the screen then it's no longer in DFU mode.

4. iphone46 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok. It is absolutely stuck in DFU mode I have tried multiple computers and iDevices and they restore fine but the iphone yields a 1600 error and also occasionally goes a little farther and gives me a -1. Do you think they will find out since the last time they did a diagnosis on my phone, they did a online ticket code thing but they might still have the computer one. Do you think they would be able to tell since it absolutely will not restore and is stuck in DFU?

Edit: Also, my iPhone is already out of warranty so I would have to pay $149 do you think they would still check for jailbreak?

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

If you're already out of warranty then what's your concern?
    They'll either fix your phone or they'll charge you for replacing your phone.
    Jailbreaking might void your warranty but I don't see them turning down your $150 just to teach you a lesson.
    As long as you're willing to pay you'll be walking away with a working phone.

6. iphone46 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok. Thanks. Yes, I definitely wasn't expecting a free replacement. I have squaretrade so they will refund me the $149 after I go to the apple store.

7. nostresshere macrumors 68030

No idea what all that stuff is you are talking about.

But - is it that hard to put a reasonable TITLE to your post?