Am I stupid to return bc of color?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jojojeronimo, Mar 19, 2011.

1. jojojeronimo macrumors newbie

So I ordered at 1 am on launch day, for 1 black & 1 white 16g, both engraved. After ordering, I changed my mind and decided I want a black one as well. Called apple and set up a return, which they surprisingly allowed since it has not been received. I thought I would try my luck in stores to get my replacement, big mistake. The white arrived today and I'm thinking twice about sending it back. People are lining up to get their hands on any version and I have one that is being taken for granted. The scares about stopping production is making me wonder if I should settle for the white or just wait out the hype. I have my husbands black 16g to keep me occupied till then, but we all know that it's not the same.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i was under the impression you couldn't return engraved ipads/ipods. :confused:

but, if you're able to make a return, i say go for it. be happy with the ipad you want.

3. JayDH macrumors 6502

4. newdeal macrumors 68020

It's just color keep what you have and get the other color when the iPad 3 comes out

5. jaimeastin macrumors regular

You cannot return engraved purchases. Only warranty replacements... Two, depending on what you have engraved, you can sell it to someone minus 25-50 dollars retail... That is a Great deal, seeing that they do not have to pay tax or a CA Green screen fee (if in california).

Other than that, if it not what you want, you will see that imperfection every time you look at it. You will never be satisfied, so try your hardest to sell/exchange.

6. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

7. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Do you 'really' not want it because of its color ? What is engraved on it ? Look at what people are getting for them on eBay/ Craigslist and sell it for a nice profit if you don't want it. It might not matter what is engraved on it.

8. mozartwon macrumors member

You can always "skin It". That way, you can almost mask the color.

9. dmaul1114 macrumors 6502

It's a pricey gadget. Definitely don't settle for a model you don't want.