Am I the only one disapointed there is no LED indicators on RMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jsnuff1, Jun 14, 2012.

1. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

The battery indicator was cool but I can live without. I'm surprised they took out the sleep LED indicator.

That white pulsating light has been a hallmark to apple laptops for as long as I can remember, and the light coming through the perforated unibody of the latest MacBooks was super cool. Not to mention you could actually see whether your computer went to sleep or not(or whether the battery died while it was sleeping).

I'm really sad :(

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I am disappointed as well, i posted a thread on this. Apple doesn't like LED's it seems like, on the iPhone iPad or on their computers

3. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

Agreed about battery indicator, it was a gimmick that you remembered every 3 months and said "That's cool!", then forgot again.

But yes it is sort of sad about the white pulsating light...I think it probably has to do with the design of this thing. Looking at iFixit or whoever tore it down, looks like there's absolutely no room in there.

4. mgsarch macrumors regular

no room for a white smd led ... come on :p

5. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Oddly enough, I am going to miss them too. I thought it was a great feature. I could quickly glance at the status of my battery when the computer was shutdown or sleeping in the evening. That way I knew whether I should charge it overnight for the next day without having to switch on the computer.