Am I the only one getting the GS3???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robbie12345, Apr 29, 2012.

1. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

I am not a troll, i am just genuinely wondering if any one else is jumping ship to the gs3.

i do think the iPhone is a good phone but the screen is way too small for me and i would like a quad core processor. Is there any one that is sticking with there iPhone or going to android?

2. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

yeah, you're the only one....

Samsung will only sell ONE galaxy S3 phone and guess what... you will be the lucky owner! :p

3. chestvrg macrumors 65816

What about the HTC One x, have you given it a thought? I played around with the at&t version at the store today and oh man, its beautiful, it has a 720p display and a gorgeous screen. For a moment it looked like a giant iphone, because it even has a micro-SIM slot just like the iPhone and it has to be pulled the same way as the iphone, with a SIM tray tool :)

if I was to jump ship, my eyes would be on the One x, but I love my iphone 4S.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I'd only jump ship to a stock ICS phone (despite how beautiful the HTC One X and S are). Also, I'd want to see the GS3 before committing to jumping ship for it.

5. chestvrg macrumors 65816

I dont like plain ICS, I do like a lot the HTC sense skin, I believe sence is one of the best android layers on top of android out there in comparison others like samsung's touchwiz and motorola's motoblur, HTC sense just stands out with that big original clock they came out with, although I know there are alternative skins and clock widgets, I still like sense so the HTC One x would be a good cadidate for me if I was to jump ships.

6. robbie12345 thread starter macrumors 6502

i have seen videos on the one x and i don't want it due to the lack of storage and it is plastic ad the back of the phone looks flat out ugly, not to mention only dual core...

i am waiting on the iPhone 5 and the gs3, however i will be most likely picking up the gs3

7. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

8. albertxp06 macrumors regular

I think the International version is quad core while the AT&T version is dual core.

9. ChrisTX, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Keep in mind there are rumors that the American version of this phone is rumored to NOT have the eynos quad core processor, but instead to have the same snapdragon s4 chip found in the HTC One X due to LTE comparability issues. Honestly, I'd wait for wwdc, and the iOS 6 announcement before making your decision. The fact that Scott Forstall has been relatively absent from all events, and rumors leads me to believe that this release of iOS will be HUGE. Just my two cents. :cool:

10. DodgeV83 macrumors 6502a

Why do you want a quad-core device? For what functions?

11. iRobajob macrumors newbie

iRobajob

pfft angry birds. :cool:

12. robbie12345 thread starter macrumors 6502

first of all yes, i am an att iPhone user and the htc one x is dual core on att, second of all thats what people said about dual core but look at all the improvements that came with it, also i heard the new exynos quad will need 20% less power and be quad core which will be amazing

13. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

But the American version will likely only be dual core. :cool:

14. chdwil macrumors regular

No the US version is dual core for LTE compatability.

15. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

When I go to South Korea this summer, I'll be getting a GSIII. I don't want to, but it's the best Android phone out there. The Exynos chip slaps the Tegra 3 and Snapdragon Krait chipsets across the gonads.

16. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah you're right the back is ugly. I do love the front though.

17. DodgeV83 macrumors 6502a

The reason I ask, is the dual-core iPhone 4S is faster than all of them, so I'm just wondering why you seem to prefer a slower CPU?

18. DanteMann macrumors 6502

I Definitely will be picking up an international version if possible, but will also pick up the Windows Phone 8 version of the SGS3 in the fall. I'm done with iPhone for now. Apple won't be going bigger than a 4 inch screen if they do indeed go with a bigger screen. So for now, I am indeed done with inferior hardware. I prefer manufacturers to do hardware upgrades with much shorter intervals. That way when I do upgrade 2 years down the line, I'll have a phone that is indeed 2 years of tech growth to upgrade to. Just look at the international SGS2. It's still a beast of a phone because Samsung didn't just give it a minor spec bump from the original Galaxy S. The GS2 runs ICS so smoothly. I even dare say it runs smoother than the GN.

19. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

The SGS3 is going to run WP8?

20. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

But I'd be giving up LTE for HSPA+. Not a good tradeoff IMHO.

21. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

So you're implying that because Samsung bumped the screen size from 4" to 4.3", and in some cases marginally larger, that's not a minor spec bump? The GS3 is rumored to be a "spec bump" anyway. The improvements with the 4S were all internal, and fairly substantial at that. Apple doesn't need a complete redesign every year to be competitive.

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Just to say I got a quad in my celly:)

23. Vegastouch, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I am going to wait for it too but i was in T-Mobile today asking some questions about unlocking a phone because of going to London and i saw the new HTC One S. Just came out 3 days ago which i didnt know about. Just saw it on display and asked about it so she brought one out to mess with.(display was a dummy phone)

Nice looking phone with a metal/aluminum back and comes with ICS. 1.5 dual core snap dragon, built in Beats audio technology, 4.3" super AMOLED screen, and a thin build but it doesnt come with a microSD card slot.

If you have T-Mobile , right now they are doing trade in deals with your old phone. $100 for any smartphone & $200 for a iPhone trade in. Didnt know that was going on either.

The lack of MicroSD card may be a deal breaker for me but it was a nice phone. Still want to wait for the GS3 but i did like the 4.3" screen size a lot. Same width as my Vibrant and a bit longer due to bigger screen . The size was great.

The GS2 for T-Mobile is a 4.52" screen and kinda big. The GS2 for Verizon is a 4.3" screen and the whole phone is smaller.

24. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Go for it if you care about the hardware specs more than anything. Apple products is not for you. Don't even waste your time to look at it :)

Sounds like all you want is a quad core processor. Personally, user experience would be the most important thing for me :D

Good luck with your final decision.

25. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

You should have gotten one of the HTC one series phone instead.