Am I the only one happy right now?

Phonzoxd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2013
Was going to buy a 5.5 incher

-expected it to be $100 more than the counter part - Check, aint mad cause its better
-Was going to get 32GB for the price of $400 - Im getting an extra 32GB for the price I was gonna pay CHECK
-Has better battery, screen, camera, ipad landscape - Check
-Releases same day as 4.7 - Check

Everything I was worried about was alleviated. Now i just hope its not supply constraint.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
I'm quite happy too.

The people that expect Apple to reinvent the iPhone every year aren't happy, and will never be happy.

Agreed. For some people, if they don't get exactly everything they want, this is the worst iPhone ever.
Exactly. "*insert competing phone here* has *insert feature or spec here* and the iPhone doesn't so I'm done with Apple and Apple is doomed!"

It's a tradition that started with the first iPhone and continues to this day.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
I'm good, I think, at least in this regard. I like the 4.7 and wasn't expecting more than it has, really. A bigger battery would be swell, but I don't watch video on my phone, so...

Last edited:

yegon

macrumors 68030
Oct 20, 2007
6 Plus is better than I expected.

Still likely to be 1gb ram which is a bummer, but I have to say, I've never felt it to be an issue on my 5S, unlike the iPad where it's a pita.

----------

My happiness does not depend on phones. But glad you are happy.
This is a forum about phones. Context much?

CMan0928

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
Boston
Am I the only one happy right now?

Eh, I wasn't blown away. They kept that ugly horizontal framing on the back of the phone. Would have preferred it just be all one solid color. But that's minor I guess. Was expecting more as far as the camera and screen strength go. What happened to the sapphire screen we were supposed to see? I couldn't care less about the landscape feature. NFC is definitely a welcome addition. Sucks you have to get that 5.5" monster to get certain features like the better of the two screen resolutions and whatnot. I don't want a huge phone and planned all along to get the smaller of the two rumored phones.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I'm good, I think. I like the 4.7 and wasn't expecting more than it has, really. A bigger battery would be swell, but I don't watch video on my phone, so...
Im pretty pissed that the battery life isnt much better than the 5s on the 6 model.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
My happiness does not depend on phones. But glad you are happy.
Interesting.
I think of happiness as coming from various random happenings in everyday life. It could be the wink of a friend to the gentle smile of a co-worker.
Possible too, if one is open to accepting all avenues of joy and happiness, it is located in the announcement of a vibrant and new iDevice that is by its very definition, provided to bring convenience and pleasure to ones life.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I'm generally happy. The 6 seems like it will not get a lot of the new layouts in landscape. The watch not being lefty friendly is a huge disappointment.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I was going to get the 6, but after seeing the improvement of the Plus' battery life over the regular 6, I am very excited to get the Plus.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
Interesting.
I think of happiness as coming from various random happenings in everyday life. It could be the wink of a friend to the gentle smile of a co-worker.
Possible too, if one is open to accepting all avenues of joy and happiness, it is located in the announcement of a vibrant and new iDevice that is by its very definition, provided to bring convenience and pleasure to ones life.
Totally agree. I am just happy because my fingers are pressing the keys of my keyboard right now. Ahh, happiness!

CMan0928

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
Boston
Unless Apple cracks open the market for mobile payments and takes this NFC thing to soaring heights, this phone is just more of the same. The thin profile is really cool and I love the rounded edges, however.

----------

Totally agree. I am just happy because my fingers are pressing the keys of my keyboard right now. Ahh, happiness!

Ain't that the truth.

TheAppleGeek

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
St. Louis
Not at all. I was also expecting the 5.5 model to be more expensive, but a 64GB model for $400? That sold me right there. Can't wait for September 19.