Am I the only one not wanting the iPhone to be bigger

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3lliott, Sep 3, 2014.

1. 3lliott macrumors newbie

Really not wanting the iphone to b bigger my thumb just reaches the top when I'm holding it now! The phones not far of the same size as the iPad min! Steve would never of aload this!

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

3. 3lliott thread starter macrumors newbie

4. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

I'm willing to change my mind, but right now I'm not a fan of the big screen smart phone trend. I will want to play with the 4.7" iPhone to see what I think of that. The 6" phones are ridiculous in my opinion.

5. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

I like the size of my iPhone 5. I don't mind there being bigger options, but 4" should remain as a premium option. Unfortunately I suspect it will only remain in 5C form, the budget option, just like small Android phones are budget options, not full performance devices.

6. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

I just want a big HONKING phablet!

However, I think they should keep the smaller size for those who want them.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

8. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I liked it before, but now 4" is a bit small. Not for portrait, but for landscape. I.e, videos and most games. 5" is too big with my Galaxy S4. 4.7" isn't too far off from that, but it is still better.

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You aren't the only one, I recently switched to android and got one with a 4.3" screen and that is fine, but I wouldn't be able to use a bigger one with one hand. So if Apple only goes with 4.7" plus I won't even be considering switching back in the future.

10. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I know of many people that are "interested" in the larger screen,but when pushed say they really would prefer to stick with the current model.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, especially when people realize they have to actually PAY for a new phone vs being buried in their monthly cost.

11. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

12. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

I agree with OP, but part of me does think the screen could be a bit bigger. It's not just screen size, it's DEVICE size. I think a 4.3" screen in the current (similar) size would have been ideal.

13. SaltedV8 macrumors member

a bigger screen will be a HUGE hit. Those of you that don't want a bigger screen are in the minority.

14. nfl46 macrumors 603

Well, you have a few options. Perhaps, the iPhone 6 or any phone over 4" isn't for you. You may need to get an older iPhone or just switch to another platform. Sorry, but going forward, phones are getting bigger. People want more content on their smartphones.

15. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Steve wouldn't HAVE* ALLOWED* this post either.

I would say 85-90% of iPhone owners are not opposed to a bigger screen. Overwhelming majority. Keep the old iPhone if you have small hands.

16. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

Nope, you're not the only one, because there are plenty of Apple customers out there that prioritize easy pocketability and one-handed operation. Depending on how Apple makes the phone thinner and reduces the bezels, the rumored size might still be okay. Doesn't matter to me yet because I have a 5s and don't intend to upgrade it until at least when the "6s" cycle hits.

If anything, I'd love to see Apple continue to make a flagship-class smartphone in the 4" size (something that none of the Android OEMs do). We would then have a true apples to apples screen size option -- pick a 4" or 4.7" screen, without compromising the performance or features. Apple already offers a true comparable option with the iPad Air and Mini. But, all indications seem to point at the 4.7" screen size replacing the current 4" form factor.

17. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

One reason why I returned the HTC Evo was the size. A week later I got the iPhone 4. I will give the iPhone 6 a shot but might just bump up from the 5 to the 5s.

18. ghettochris macrumors 6502a

19. recoil80 macrumors 68000

I'm ready to move to a bigger display. If next iPhone lets me down I'm prepared to move to an Android or Nokia smartphone.
    I just can't use this tiny touch keyboard anymore, and I need more real estate for web content and emails.
    Not sure if I would chose a display bigger than 5'' though.
    4.7 could be enough

20. Dave245 macrumors 601

Not another "Steve jobs would never have allowed this" you will probably find that Steve Jobs worked on the iPhone 6 before his death. It was reported that he worked on product lines, years before they were released to the public. So its possible he knew about the iPhone 6 and its bigger screen size.

21. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

You do realise that these products you're seeing now are years in development and the prototypes have been sitting in the Apple 'labs' for years.

And let's stop using the Steve comment, he is gone, deal with it please.

22. MacFinnley macrumors 6502

MacFinnley

Two Years ago I thought the iPhone 4(S) would be perfect with it's screen size. Now I really like the 4 inch screen and I don't want the iPhone to be bigger. But I trust in Apple, they know what they do and they wouldn't release a bigger iPhone if they won't like it.

23. makerleone macrumors regular

makerleone

I have an iPhone 5s and really happy with 4" screen. so at that point not any planning to go with bigger screen.

24. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

As the rumors point out, there are supposed to be two sizes; the 4.7" and a 5.5". Which means you could still get the size you like and then there is an option for others who would prefer the larger size iPhone.

Though you don't want a larger iPhone, doesn't mean Apple shouldn't make another, larger one, because other people would want it. Choice and options are a good thing.

25. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I am sure there are others who do not want a bigger screen but I am betting the majority do. You should still be able to get the iPhone 5 size screen for a while but Apple has got to please the majority and give them what they want.

I suspect that even Steve would approve the larger phones. In the end it does not matter as they will be larger.