Am I the only one that doesn't like the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by voodoodan245, Sep 13, 2012.

1. voodoodan245 macrumors newbie

Please tell me there is more people like me?

I love all my apple products and have always had iPhones, but to be honest I'm not that impressed with the iphone 5. I feel as if this is an iphone 4sv2 :S

It just feels like an upgrade more than anything. No new design, just a bigger screen (which is nice) but really don't feel the need to go and purchase it like other releases.

Another thought is why add that "block" of aluminium in the back instead of keeping a complete uniform design. I mean look at all the Apple products, its one piece, one design, all the macbooks are unibody and thats what makes them look really nice, all the iphones were unibody except for the first one.

It doesnt feel like an Apple design, the back is cut into pieces and I dont really like it. Am I really the only one that doesnt feel the erge to go out and buy it?

I hope the next one or the iphone 6 will have a new look!

2. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

tired of every year people saying "doesn't feel like an upgrade" Then don't buy it. Simple as that. What else do you want it to do for you? Make you breakfast??

3. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

yet another troll!

Simple answer is, dont buy it! Go get your self a galaxy!

every year, people are disappointed! ITS A PHONE!

4. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

Probably not. But then again, you don't have to like it, and you don't have to buy it. There are plenty other smart phones out there. I'm sure at least one of them will fit your needs!

5. KaPOWitsCHRIS macrumors 6502

KaPOWitsCHRIS

Do people really expect Apple to reinvent the wheel year in and year out?

6. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

We expect the company that got all on its high horse about how it innovates and others copy and then comes out with a dissapointing upgrade when the competition has things like the galaxy s3, lumia 920, razr maxx hd. The iphone is trailing all of those phones. The razr maxx hd's battery life will be unreal. The snapdragon s4 already barely sips power. With that giant 3300 mah battery 3-4 days of moderate usage is not out of the question. Its clear that apple is happier with the cruise control on and would rather litigate against the competition than to compete with innovation.

7. CharlieBrandt09 macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

8. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Why MUST it be a radical design change in order for some people to be happy? It's a smartphone. Why mess with a winning formula? I'm very happy with the spec's of the Ip5.

9. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Samsung sure did with their S3. The S3 is a completely different phone than the S2.

So why not apple? There were plenty of fictitious renders posted here that looked so much nicer than what apple just did.

Plus, if you don't like to read it, go away. This is a forum, not a sales thread.

seriously...

10. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I think this phone is positions to capture GB android users who are on the fence and unsure whether to stick with android or switch to something else (iOS, WP8, or ICS or JB).

People already in the apple ecosystem are probably less likely to leave now with this phone, but I don't think it's intended to appeal to them either.

----------

That's because the s2 was terrible. It's easy to make a terrible thing better. It's harder to make a great thing better.

11. AT101ET macrumors 6502

Its not that I dislike it, but I think Apple could have done better. So far, I still think the GS3 is the best phone out. But I still need to try the iPhone 5 in my hands...

12. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

That's because the S2 wasn't a winning formula like the ip4 and 4s are! Samsung NEEDED to be radical....Apple doesn't NEED to be radical.....not now anyway....not until millions of people stop buying their phones.

13. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

And that's just the main things. There are so many other reason this is the best phone on the market.

----------

Exactly... Months after they released Galaxy S3, they released a Galaxy Note that looks exactly like S3 because they found there design that doesn't piss Apple off and looks good. And they will likely stick with it for years to come.

14. drober30 macrumors 6502a

The phone is worth the upgrade, period.

However, if Apple released a phone like some of the talented mocups weve seen, people would be going crazy!!!

That day will happen, Apple has to pace themselves, ecpecially with the expectations from their customers/fanbase.

15. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

No new design? It looks like a new design to me. Was I watching the right keynote? The iPhone is never going to look like a Nexus or One X or Droid or GSIII. Apple took an already delightful design, tweaked it, and improved it. It's a new design while also maintaining what we all loved about the 4 and 4S.

16. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

The s2 was the phone to have when it came out. It was also one of the best selling phones around. Whether or not you liked it is irrelevant with that in mind. Samsung didn't hold back. They packed everything into the s3 that was worth having. Overboard actually...I don't need HD FaceTime, nor do I care for NFC, but it's there to either be used or turned off...CHOICE...To compensate for no quad core in US versions, they doubled the RAM.

The iPhones have all android phones beat in build quality. Other than that, they hold back. Yea, something might not be awesome NOW, but it might be in a few months.

----------

S3 has all those features already.:eek:

Oh yea, apples est feature of all....it's LAWYERS.

17. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Agreed. For a company that prides/boasts itself as being innovative, I was expecting something that would blow away the S3/Note 2 and any other phone out there. Basically, I was expecting the WOW factor from the iPhone 5 and I don't think it was there. They did quite a bit of work under the hood, no doubt, however I was sorta expecting a redesigned look. As of now, it looks like an iPhone 4S XL. Previously I was in whenever a new iPhone came out however, this year, I'll wait until it comes out and fiddle around with it to see if I want to purchase it. I'm buried so deep in the ecosystem that using an Android phone or some other phone would be a bit odd. If the iPhone 5 doesn't impress then I'll probably try out the S3 LTE or Note 2.

In the end, it's just a phone so whichever way I go, a couple years down the road it'll be time for something else to rant/rave about.

18. aohus macrumors 68000

you're not apple's demographic. go android. if you're reading up a lot on the latest mobile tech, then just go android.

19. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

The iPhone 5 had its back replaced with aluminium. Reminds me of the iPad 1.

A few widgets and live wallpaper to show off that retina display would have been nice as well.

20. tys macrumors 6502

I don't really like it either. All I really wanted was truly larger screen, not just another row of apps:mad:
    I'm going to be open minded and order one since I'm eligible for the subsidized price. If I don't like it, then it's off to eBay for a tidy profit and I'll save the money for the perfect phone when I find it. Maybe a Galaxy, maybe iPhone 6 in two years, maybe even LTE iPad mini with Skype, who knows?

21. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I agree.

I have never held an Android phone that I liked enough to buy it.

And I'm pretty sure I've held most of them.

I like the iPhone. It feels substantial and it's solidly built. I like iOS. I don't need it to be a radical redesign every year. Do cars that sell well do this every year? Ever seen the miniscule changes Honda makes to the Civic each year? The car is excellent for its demographic. Why scrap an entire product that sells? Do car makers do this with good cars?

Nope. Only the crappy ones.

22. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Maybe OP can't get it because of no upgrade and wants to make a list of reasons why his current phone is still AS good.

23. voodoodan245 thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly that! I am not trolling, like I said, ALL my electronics are Apple! I love the company because they are unique and come out with great products. Since they released the iphone they have only been innovative every new version for example the transition from the 3G to the 4!

I dont feel that WOW factor and I was really expecting this phone to kill all the latest android phones out there...

24. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Many of us don't want to see a radical design change to the iPhone--so these improvements that are made with each revision are exactly what many of us want. There are plenty of options out there now if you are looking for radical change--but the iPhone is not one of them.

25. aohus macrumors 68000

Go android. Nobody stopping you dawg.