All iPads Am I the only one that prefers the larger iPad to the mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Boob, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Boob macrumors member

The mini looks great and all but the larger iPad is still light and portable enough to use. I find the larger screen really enjoyable for browsing and watching videos. That's mainly what I bought it for anyway. I don't mind my iPhone's screen being small because its mainly used for calls, texts, and Facebook but for my iPad I'm always on Safari or Youtube and its just so enjoyable to use.

2. RiseDarthVader macrumors member

I was one of the first to pick up an iPad mini in Australia and I no doubt prefer my 3rd gen iPad.

3. Glockcubed macrumors member

Glockcubed

i had a iPad3, was able to return, and am anxious for my new iPad4.

4. apierrec macrumors 6502

Of course, you are not the only one. And you know that. :p

I prefer my iPad 3 when watching movies on Netflix.

But once I travel or for reading books or browsing the web or typing emails on the go / standing with one hand etc and maybe as car navigations, I prefer the iPad Mini as it will be more comfortable because it is so light. Will save a few extra weight and space in my travel baggage.

5. Casey3557 macrumors newbie

My eyes will appreciate all the help they can get! ;). But I also have arthritis in both thumbs and am happy for a device that is somewhat easier and lighter to hold. And for travel, I think the Mini will be a big help. I will soon find out...I'm heading to Florida soon on a family trip and the Mini will be traveling with me.

6. sjn419 macrumors regular

yes you are the only one. you are a unique snowflake.

7. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

I'm sure you're not the only one.

I got a mini today, after thinking I wouldn't, I decided to give it a go anyway.

For some people it's an either/or proposition, they're not interested in owning both products. I don't see it that way.

For work, photo editing and the like, I'll use a full powered, full sized iPad with a Retina display. I currently have a 3rd gen, which will be upgraded to a 4th when the LTE models come out. I was honestly going to get an LTE 3rd gen anyway, because my needs have changed. Now that it's been updated, I might as well get the newer one.

As for the Mini...I love the weight and the way it handles. It is more difficult to read which is a combination of the smaller size and the lower pixel density. All that said, I went with it as a remote for Apple TV/Home Theater and for home automation items that I'm going to set up. It'll also be nice for my girlfriend to have one to use if she's over and I take mine to work with me. Her daughter (5 years old) also likes to play with the iPad. I'd rather have her break something that costs $330 instead of $500. While I'd love a Retina display in it, it isn't really a dealbreaker for those uses.

Both products are strong in their own ways. If one must have one or the other, then sure, the full size iPad is the better choice, but it's not like either are bad.