Am I the only one that thinks Flash is getting worse w/ each version of Safari?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by foidulus, Aug 3, 2010.

1. foidulus macrumors 6502a

Every time a new version of Safari comes out it seems the flash support gets worse and worse, though I don't see this in Firefox on the mac so it must be Safari.

Am I just being paranoid, or is Apple being very passive-aggressive towards flash on the Mac in attempt to kill it?

At any rate, it gets really annoying and EVERY version of Safari it gets worse and worse.....

2. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Regarding your original question, I'm not sure. What I do have noticed though, is that most of the websites that now offer their formerly Flash-only content in iPad-compatible formats, have chosen to stick with Flash for all other devices, prompting the user to download Flash, in case it is not installed, without even offering a fall-back alternative. So if the plan was to kill Flash, I can't see that it's going well...Needless to say, this is very annoying, especially when websites are using Flash just for video distribution.

3. randomerratum macrumors 6502

I think it's gotten better actually... it's just that when it used to crash it would say the error was "a plugin"

recently the error report started specifying the "flash plugin" by name. :D

4. MotleyPete macrumors regular

5. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

HTML5 works pretty well on Safari - particularly on Vimeo/YouTube. Not all videos on YouTube work with it but when it does it works pretty well