Am I the only one that would like to be able to print via Bonjour?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slate1, Sep 5, 2008.

1. slate1 macrumors regular

I think it would be great for Apple to allow me to print via Bonjour to a printer attached to my Airport Extreme. I realize this would only help those who have a printer hooked up via the Airport Extreme's print router feature... but it sure seems like Apple could do this easily.

2. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

Yes, this would be great.

I had a phone years ago that would print over bluetooth, it was a free phone too.

3. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Sounds like a nice idea. I hadn't thought about it, but it would be nice if was available. You should add it as a feature request to Apple.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Why couldn't it work with any router?

My printer is plugged into my Mac Pro which is plugged into a (non-Apple) router. People come over to my house with their laptops, get on my wi-fi network, and print from my printer.

It would be great if the iPhone could do the same, I agree.

5. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Especially if the iPhone could access iDisk files from MobileMe or a similiar server setup. You could download a file you had put on the server, and print it on the spot without ever touching a computer! How great would that be, lol!

6. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

I would like this too, they should probably implement it into a few apps like pictures, safari, mail and notes. I really wanted to print a note the other day and it would have been nice to print from my iphone instead of sending myself an email. And I also think bonjour would be the best way to do this.

7. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I'd think printer drivers on the iPhone would be the issue. But "printing" to a PDF then sending it down to the Mac would be essentially driverless.

8. otis123 macrumors 6502a

i think a usb printer connected to another mac or pc would work, thats how i print wirelessly in my house, the imac is the print server, and os x did all the work for me.