Am I the only one who hates the new glass trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thiagos, Oct 22, 2008.

1. thiagos macrumors 6502

Dec 20, 2007
    NYC (Manhattan)
    Let me just say that the new MacBook Pro is great, it is speedy, the design is nice but the trackpad is driving me crazy.
    When I got the MacBook Pro, I found it easy to use but after using it for a while, the trackpad becomes a pain in the ***. The right clicks don't always work especially when I want to copy and paste.
    I liked it better using the two fingers to right click.

Is anyone else disliking the new glass trackpad?
  2. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

Nov 8, 2006
    You can still use two fingers to right click...
  3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

May 25, 2008
    Apple state
    i love the trackpad, it can do just the same as a regular trackpad..
  4. iMav macrumors 6502

Jun 20, 2008
    Columbus, WI
    I never actuate the buttons underneath. I use it the same as the previous trackpads. (single click tap and tap-lock gestures, two-finger tap for right click, etc)
  5. 7even macrumors 6502a

Jan 11, 2008
    Same. I like the additional area.
  6. effer macrumors member

Nov 13, 2007
    The mouse click is too loud and sounds 'cheap'. If it gave off a bit more bass at about 1/3 the loudness, I'd be happier.
  7. avalys macrumors 6502

Jun 4, 2004
    I love it - the extra space is great, and it works just like the old trackpad used to. For the first ten minutes after I unboxed the computer (registration screens, etc.), I didn't even notice the missing button - just put my thumb on the bottom and clicked as usual.

It is a little loud, but I recall my old MBP was that way at first and quieted down a bit.
  8. donbenjy macrumors 6502

Oct 15, 2008
    ?!?! It's not a loudspeaker! it's just a noise - you can't add "bass" to a clicking object :rolleyes: