Am I the only one who hates the strap on the Spigen wallet case? (EDIT: Removed it)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by XboxMySocks, Oct 23, 2014.

1. XboxMySocks, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

I am seriously very tempted to carefully cut this off...

Here's a couple pictures: http://imgur.com/a/4A9mn

(I can take more if it is requested)

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

No, I tend to dislike them also. Ive never actually cut one off as I always figured that I would need to keep it closed at one point. Though I havent actually noticed any time where I needed it closed. Let us know if you do end up cutting it off, and give us a long term review on any benefits/regrets of doing so!

3. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

I think I might indeed give it a go after locating some crazy glue in case the stitching decides to pull some *********...

4. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

**** it, I did it. Looks fine (a tiny bit wonky but whatever) but the usability is sooooooooo much better. No regrets at all right now.

http://imgur.com/a/7MBbe

5. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

That does not look bad at all actually. Cant wait to hear from your long term usage! :D

6. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

No I'm actually pretty pleased. It has made it so much nicer to use as well. Don't think I will have any issues with stitching coming out as I haven't actually interfered with it at all... may have actually taken some strain off it.

7. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Yeah I don't really have a problem with mine. I don't see what the issue would be with it

8. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I had the iPhone 5 version of this case and it had a snap button which I prefer. I use the case when I go running so the screen is protected if I drop it.

I saw reviews for this case on Amazon and people were complaining that the magnet is weak and the shell is held to the folio with double-sided tape? Are either of these true?

9. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

The magnet is plenty strong in my opinion, and I can't comment on the tape because I have not ripped the case apart :rolleyes:

10. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I've never really liked these style of cases if I am honest. With your credit cards in the left slots, when you then close the flap, all your cards are then resting directly on the screen of the iPhone - thats just asking for scratches.......

11. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

No? The leather is what sits against the screen :)