Am i the only one who thinks an aluminium mighty mouse is on the cards?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by anotherarunan, Jan 10, 2008.

1. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

Come on! How good would that be? Especially with the many reported problems with the current MM! I know its dreaming, but just wanted to know if anyone else has given this a thought!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. admiraldennis macrumors regular

Who cares, Apple makes horrible mice and always has.

4. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

nope....

it will either remain white or go black. Apple likes the way it balances the aluminum everywhere else. and sits with the white keys on the new keyboard.

I've been wrong before though.

5. matthewroth macrumors member

im also against apple mice.

the mighty mouse was ok but the ball stopped working after about 2 months.

im sorry for saying it, but i have 3 dell opticle mice(s) in my house and its not going to change (barring a miracle) but as the iphone has shown us... they do happen

6. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I had a mouse with metal on it before, the damn thing gave me such an electric shock one day, and as a result of that died on the spot.

So I'm not going to be touching any metal mice from now on...

7. Queso macrumors G4

A new mighty mouse that doesn't require constant ball cleaning (oo-er!) would definitely get my wallet opening, but as to whether it'll be in Al, not too sure. I do see your reasoning on the aesthetics front though.

8. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

I highly doubt we'll ever see an aluminum Mighty Mouse. It just wouldn't look quite right. The Mighty Mouse matches the key color on the new Aluminum keyboards, and I think that's good enough.

I'm personally somewhat getting annoyed at all the aluminum stuff, which is one reason I got my MacBook before Macworld. I just love the white design. I also like the Power Mac G4 design more than the Power Mac G5. I can't stand that stupid "grate" look on the G5. I like shiny things. :p

9. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

i think the mm would be perfect if they just elongated the scroll wheel and put a slit in between the right and left buttons

10. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

Yeah I want a Mighty Mouse but not with the current problem... Maybe with a redesign i'll pick one up.

11. matttrick macrumors 6502

the MM is the worst piece of apple hardware i have come in contact with. well, its the only one i truly dislike, but still.

12. Queso macrumors G4

The Mighty Mouse is fabulous compared to the Puck mouse that came with the G3 machines. That was truly awful.

13. matttrick macrumors 6502

14. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

I'm definately no metal-worker but I can't imagine making the 'bar of soap' shape from Aluminium'd be easy.

15. Retrograffica macrumors member

Retrograffica

Am I the odd one out? I've had my MM for a year and it works perfectly, never had to clean the ball...maybe people should take more care washing their hands then they wouldn't gunk up :p

There won't be an Al. mouse, it's far too slippery

16. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

Rounded aluminum-edged mouse with multitouch display surface and laser tracking.
    Infinitely configurable software buttons.
    Advanced scrolling and image resizing features.
    No mouse ball to clean.
    No mechanical parts.
    Leverages existing multitouch technology and FAB.
    Blows away all other mice in existence.
    $99.00 US

Not holding my breath for this one, but it seems in line with Apple's current design philosophies.

17. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

What if there was some kind of trackpad/sensor in the top of the MM which could sense finger gestures like scroll or zoom in, now with their patented "ignore unintentional gestures" technology, that could be really cool :)

18. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Nope, you're not odd one out. I love my might mouse. Never had a problem with it.

19. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Did you mean something that looked like this? (I had to change some of your criteria - hope you don't mind)

Attached Files:

20. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

21. Paix247 macrumors 6502

I love my new Apple keyboard, but I have never liked any of their mouses. I hope they do finally come out with one thats better than the alternatives, but I am not going to hold my breath. I love my logitech bluetooth mouse.

22. anotherarunan thread starter macrumors 6502

well what i was originally thinking was that a redesign was on the cards...and then i thought it'd probably go with the whole aluminium thing. But originally i was going with the redesign...something with a ball that doesnt need cleaning...but looks awesome! (like the current one does)

23. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

We already have threads about how people are experiencing electrical discharge from their alu keyboard... I don't think we need yet more threads about people getting the same static shocks from a damn mouse!! Do we?

24. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

A wireless mouse wouldn't exhibit such problems but a mouse is the most handled thing on a computer by far and even hard-anodising will have a fairly short life. I very much doubt they'll introduce an aluminium mouse, although who knows, with Apple's currently especially strong track of 'form over function' they might.