Am I the only one who thinks the "yellow tint" looks....nice?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Advil, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Advil macrumors 6502a

I know it goes away once the adhesive sets and all that so I'm not complaining. But I finally got around to opening up my new iPad today and as soon as I loaded up a white page, noticed it was extremely warm...but I actually like it. I think it's easy on the eyes.

Reminds me of the sepia option in iBooks!

2. Richard8655 macrumors 6502a

Richard8655

I agree. Harsh, cold glare of bluish tint was never to my liking.

3. MR1324 macrumors 6502

i consider myself pretty tech savvy and don't even see a yellow tint. just enjoy your devices people.

4. DS3 macrumors 6502a

My firesale HP Touchpad has a yellow t int and while its not that big of a deal while using it, when I put it side to side with iPad 3 (or iPad 2 before) I much prefer neutral colors.

My 3's screen isn't yellow at all thankfully.

5. -Eden macrumors member

-Eden

Couldnt agree more. There is a tweak for iPhones and macs that change the level of blueness and yellow/orange ness. Using that my eyes have been much better. With this in Mind , the yellow tint is perfectly fine for me .

6. doboy macrumors 68000

I like the warmness when compared to my iPad 1&2. It's bit easier on the eyes. ;)

7. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

There are people complaining for a yellow tint at every iOS device launch. It has been attributed to the adhesive they use between the glass and the actual LCD. My iPhone 4's yellow tint faded over time and when put next to other new, freshly bought iPhones, looks more blue.

8. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

I actually do like it, so I am actually kind of angry that people are complaining about it when their iPad is quite fine. Mine, on the other hand, has a red tint in the corner, and it is distracting. I wish my iPad has a completely yellow screen, hah!

9. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

What is white? Sunlight is blue, lightbulbs are green or orange.

There are thousands of variation of white.

Find me something perfectly white in this world, even more challenging on a LCD regardless of thickness. Everybody is a perfectionist without understanding the technology behind the product in their hands. Do you know that the lightbulb behind the pixels is not perfectly white? Do you understand that there are colored pixels are above the light, so even if the pixels are inactive, the light passes through passive red green and blue color filters?

Some people are too young to remember when computers were green text on a black screen. It was revolutionary when we ( the old folks ) finally got CRTs with white text on black backgrounds and sometimes we missed the old displays when sitting in front of CRTs for hours a day. Color screens wow, that invent was cool too, and they were huge.

We hold in our hands, the most advanced portable screen in the world ( available in a retail product ) , and people are whining :(

10. iDabble macrumors regular

I agree that it looks nice, but it should be a feature that we have the option of enabling in order to reduce stress on our eyes. It shouldn't exist as a manufacturer's defect.

Btw, if you like yellow tint, look into flux for your computer and iDevices (if jailbroken)

11. sekazi macrumors 6502

If you use f.lux on jailbroken devices as well as your computer you would prefer the yellow tint. If I turned off f.lux right now my monitor would blind me because it would be so bright it would hurt my eyes.

Once the iPad 3 is jailbroken f.lux will be one of the first things I install.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

Remember that part where I specifically said "I'm not complaining". That was my favorite part of my post.