Am I the only one who uses the rmbp built in keyboard/trackpad when using a monitor?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FrozenDarkness, Jul 21, 2014.

1. FrozenDarkness macrumors 65816

I have my monitor on 3 stacks of paper and my macobok right in front. I actually find apple's keyboard and mouse options to be much worse than the one that came with the computer. Also this is much easier as I don't have to worry about disconnceting stuff or changing batteries. it's just plug and go.

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Yep. An external keyboard is far more comfortable. The rMBP sits in a Bookarc.

3. ColdCase macrumors 68030

I have a similar setup and love it. The rMBP 15 sits on the large pull out keyboard tray and the LG monitor on the desk above. No need for books or such. The rMBP and LG screen meet at the perfect point. The keyboard shelf is wide enough to lay reference papers beside the laptop, a very comfortable arrangement.

I use the rMBP screen for text the larger LG for video and photo editing. No extra boxes around to clutter up the work space. When I want to go mobile, pull the TB cable and go.

I used to use external keyboards and mice with previous MBPs, but they were so constraining.... but the MBP was not all that portable to begin with I guess. And the newer rMBP keyboard trackpad with gestures is so sweet to use, and light enough to be portable with no fuss.

There are many old school folks about that use what they like. Nothing wrong with that.

4. jediDev macrumors regular

Check out BulletTrain Express -- I love it. Not quite as great as the integrated keyboard, but more practical when I'm at a desk. Also I use one with an iMac. I got 'em for 79 -- now they are absurdly expensive, IMO. But if you don't care about money, they are awesome.

5. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I prefer my full sized keyboard and Magic Mouse. It's also annoying to have two different sized screens. When using multiple monitors I like them to be the same size.