Am I the only one with a new iPad that flags/jello's when scrolling up/down?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dvdvideo, Mar 18, 2012.

1. dvdvideo macrumors newbie

On my iPad (new, 3 whatever u want to call it) the screen is great except for one thing, there is very noticeable flagging (angles up or down say 10-15 degrees) of text up or down across the whole page. (also could be described as jello like) its less noticeable left to right than up and down, and is also less noticeable when viewing from a left or right angle. The faster you scroll the more pronounced the effect. My wife sees it too, and a buddy who was over. I haven't seen anyone else mention or complain about this , so do I have a defective iPad or are they all like this and nobody cares?

2. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I'm confused about what your problem is?
    Are you complaining because you can't read text while you are quickly scrolling?

3. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

Are you talking about the refresh rate? I believe the iPad only has a 60hz refresh rate, hence why you see some rippling effect. This is normal but I don't see why you would be trying to read texts while scrolling.

4. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

5. emaja macrumors 68000

6. bobobenobi macrumors regular

7. dvdvideo thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

No, it's not the blurring, my iPad 1 and phone blur but the angle of the text stays even. In the new pad it changes as it moves, on all applications

8. brand macrumors 601

brand

I think you should call Apple and tell them what you posted. They probably need a good laugh.

9. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

I think you have a defective iPad.

10. DaBrain, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

I have the same issue. I would describe it, as not scrolling smoothly. Or, really jerky.

It's very disappointing. My other two iPads! the iPad one, and the iPad 2 do not do this.

It appears to be graphic related. I'm going to wait until Apple puts out an update.

If that doesn't happen soon, I'll probably return this. It will be the first iPad or anything that i bought from apple that I return.

As far as I can tell side-by-side comparisons, with my iPad 2, it is as good as the iPad 3. I don't think there's that much better resolution with the iPad 3 and this jerkiness really dissapoints me.

Also in the side-by-side comparison with the Apple iPad 2, the iPad 2 actually appears faster.

There just seems something that's not quite right with the quad core graphics in this new iPad.

I'm just not getting the WOw factor in all the hype from other reviews about the retina screen and how much greater this new iPad is.

Time will tell. I only hope and update comes out soon.

Just don't feel you're the only one, there're others that are experiencing some of the very same issues.

11. pflau macrumors 6502

Yes I have noticed flagging as I scroll webpages on the new iPad in the Apple store. I think it has to do with the amount of pixels that the GPU needs to push around.