Amateur Hour at Trump Tower

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, Dec 2, 2016.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

It's simply staggering to me how much stupidity Trump manages to pack into a single day.

Chatty Kathy Trump got on the phone and blathered his usual ******** to the leaders of both Pakistan and Taiwan in the last 24 hours. Without bothering to check with the State Department first. Because Donald The Imbecile Trump knows so much more about the nuances of international relations than those dumb wonks down at Foggy Bottom. Oh, and he also casually invited mass murderer Phillipine President Duterte to stop by the White House. Presumably, when Barron and Melania weren't there, I assume.

First: By talking to Pakistan Prime Minister Sharif, whom he called a "great guy" - Trump ignored the obviously complicated relationship with have with Pakistan. He also incensed our Indian allies by suggesting he would help clear up any misunderstandings they might have.

Second, he speaks to Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen. Violating the 35+ year "One China" policy that severed formal diplomatic ties with Taiwan, which China considers a "renegade province." This is sure to incense China, and risks provoking a diplomatic incident before he even takes office.

This is how Trump behaves when there isn't even a crisis. Can you imagine how this cretin is going to behave when things actually get tough?

2. R.Perez, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016

R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

What a circus the next 4 years is gonna be. You know, if this buffoon doesn't start another war.

3. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

Why is he going to be in the Whitehouse? The American people put him there. I wonder if we the VOTING American public are going to continue sticking our latent racist heads in the sand for the next four years, or are we going to see the error of our ways?

Oh why bother we all know the answer to that.

The amount of false statements, lack of tax returns, and continued narcism we overlook just to have someone different in the Whitehouse is astounding. After all he promised to his supporters, and after all the attacks on Clinton for her Wall Street ties, and then he nominates two former Goldman Sacks career executives to major positions in his administration. Not a peep from the supporters who wanted change. Sickening really.

He then goes on a victory tour so he can continue to rally his troops. To me it is pretty obvious he will continue to have rallies tooting his own horn until the recounts are over. Smart really.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Trump has only one mode ..... TRUMP MODE!!!

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Right because with all the security meetings and all he has missed he in informed enough to do such things. Go cheeto

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

And not sounding presidential at all just the stupid mouth that won him office. Go cheeto

7. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

How is this, in any way, a "Victory"?

The only effective partner we have in reining in North Korea's nuclear ambitions is China.

And Trump carelessly infuriates them. And for what?

There simply is not any cosy "deal" to be worked out over Taiwan. Either Taiwan gets absorbed back into China. Or it doesn't. Thirty-five years ago we made that implicit deal: We sever formal diplomatic relations with Taiwan - while still doing business with them - in exchange for the understanding that we enjoy relatively peaceful, productive and cooperative relations with the most populous nation on earth.

What the hell does Trump think he's doing with Pakistan? The country that sheltered Osama bin Laden for the best part of a decade. The number #1 problem child in the international-terrorism production racket. And a nation-state armed with nuclear weapons in a state of undeclared war with a nuclear-armed US ally. Does Trump think he's going to make all those problems go away with some glad-handing and a couple of complimentary rounds at a golf course?

What is Trump doing kissing up to Kazakhstan dictator Nazarbayev? Please tell me which "victory" we might expect from deepening that relationship?

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah the whole experience so far kinda reminds me of Blue Öyster Cult's Agents of Fortune album, not least "This Ain't the Summer of Love."

BlueOysterCultAgentsOfFortune.jpg

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Trump's preternatural diplomatic skills rival that of General George C. Marshall. Hell, they rival those of General Washington. The fact that he has extended a helping hand to so many different countries--even before taking office--brings a tear to my eye. I've never been more proud to be an American than I am right at this moment.

10. Pootmatoot macrumors 6502a

It must be lovely over there, in your bizarre parallel universe.

Screw 40 years of bipartisan, carefully crafted Chinese diplomacy by a man who couldn't point out Taiwan on a map! Who cares! Let the world burn!

11. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The old order is on its way out, my friend. There's a new sheriff in town and in the words of our latest Nobel laureate, the times they are a-changing. You reactionaries need to get on board. Or at least switch to decaf.

12. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

He's so stupid yet became a billionaire and president of the United States. All that pales to your accomplishments. C'mon man.

13. Pootmatoot macrumors 6502a

He's a man widely believed to have less money than he'd have if he'd just put his inheritance in an average stock portfolio, and came to power by promising moonbeams to idiots and dog whistles to racists.

Neither of which seem particularly proud achievements.

14. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

What happened to your "Trump Rules" you pledged yourself to the other day?

Excerpts from said post:

Honestly, given your posting history, I'm surprised you made it this long!

15. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

I'm surprised people are so fixated on Trump now that the election is over. There is plenty of time to bash him before the next election. Let's occasionally throw in some other topics to keep things interesting :).

16. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The Democrats have nothing to offer America.

17. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Trump takes a phone call and more liberal heads explode. Thank you for confirming my vote was correct.....not that I needed confirmation...so I guess a thank you is in order for another night at the improv.

18. Pootmatoot macrumors 6502a

Are you now calling Henry Kissinger liberal?

19. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

If that war criminal is for it we should all be against it.

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Well hell crazy has truly arrived proof trump can do no wrong folks.

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Trump the expert foreign diplomat learned from a pagent could very well write checks he can't cash.

22. Pootmatoot macrumors 6502a

Literally every single person you've ever heard of who understands the history is against it...

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I almost spilled my tea when I read that. Your post trolls the whole country and all its allies.

The GOP is a complete sorcerer's apprentice, and their creature is well off the rails.

Sorcerer's apprentice (noun):

a person who instigates a process or project which they are then unable to control.
    In acceding to Trump's nomination, the GOP made it possible for the rest of us to end up this ride. And here we are, 49 days from inaugurating this insouciant narcissist into our highest elective office.

It's amateur hour at the Trump Tower all right. The OP got that much way past right. I can't imagine how the White House puts up with the drumbeat of this pot-stirring drama of Bannon and Trump for 49 more days.

Seven weeks to go before the Dems get to wash their hands of it and it's up to the Republican Party to try to rewire their creature for 24/7 duty as President of a superpower. Right now it's still reality TV (unless of course someone on the other side of the planet doesn't get the joke).

24. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

They are against private citizens speaking to the president of Taiwan? I haven't heard that one before.