Amature DJ - Need help with Gear

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DjKido, Apr 9, 2010.

1. DjKido macrumors newbie

Hey there MacRumors!

I am a Amature DJ (pretty new) and i need some new gear, the only thing is got is a Vestax Spin, with the software Djay (Going to buy Traktor) But i need some help on, what i should get next, i would like some sound effect/more que points.

I had something in mind, but im not sure if its what i need:

Akai MPD24
    Traktor Kontrol X1
    SCS-3M
    NOVATION LAUNCHPAD

Which one would suit best? and does it work for my spins?

also i got a :apple:Macbook Pro 17".. please ask me if there is anymore info you need

And i hope that there is someone who can help me :confused: ..:D

(*btw if you redict me to a site, then please make sure it can be shipped to Denmark, Thanks :))

2. Davmeister macrumors 6502

Davmeister

I dont personally believe in external hardware midi mixers to control software. www.soundcloud.com/krisdiangelis/ listen to his mixes....and all he has is 17" mbp traktor and audio 4 dj

3. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Unless you have the stupid AutoSync button like in Virtual DJ, then it is a hell of a lot easier to line up the track with external controllers. The software sync button is what makes everyone want to be a DJ these days. Meh.

4. geta macrumors 6502a

i would go with Numark Total Control, but you all ready got one.... and Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ - the controller and sound card coming with free Traktor LE, so you don't need to buy it.