[Amazon Appstore] Get 9 photo apps FREE, then GTA: San Andreas + 2,000 coins FREE

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Jessica Lares, May 16, 2014.

1. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Hard to squeeze in all the details in the thread title, sorry. :eek:

Amazon is having this sale on photography apps, here. They come with 100 Amazon Coins each.

After you get them all, you can get Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas with those coins, and get an additional 2,000 to buy other stuff with (although Amazon just wants you to buy the trilogy).

Pretty decent deal. :D

2. LSUtigers03, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014

LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Thanks for posting this.

ETA: Looks like GTA: San Andreas is only available for Kindle Tablets. This may be a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway. If I use the promo coins to buy San Andreas I'll still get the coins added to my account even though I don't have the proper device on my account to play the game?

3. Alfuh macrumors regular

The GTA is only for Kindle Fire or Fire TV, but you can get it for free along with all the coins by following the above method.

The coins can be used for other apps or IAPs

Hey, free is free! :D

4. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Thanks that answered my question. Thanks again Jessica. I've saved a good bit of money from all the deals you post.

5. mclld macrumors 68000

Can the amazon coins purchase books or music?

6. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Awesome Jessica - Thanks! Have a Fire TV and I wouldn't mind adding GTA to my library of games.

7. mclld macrumors 68000

I am wanting to get a Fire TV, if I can find out for certain it runs the xbmc video add ons I use then I will sell my jailbroke apple tv 2

8. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I bought it for the heck of it - use AppleTVs at home, but the game controller part intrigued me. Take it on trips to watch Prime Video and game on the go.

9. mclld macrumors 68000

I have seen that people are using 360/ps3 controllers and all kinds of different wireless keyboards with it

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Didn't even know I had some Amazon coins in my account already. After picking up these apps, I now have over $30 in Amazon coins..

11. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

No problem guys. :D

Yeah, and to top that off, I bought some music with a gift card this morning and got $3 more to spend on the Appstore. I have lots of credit to blow through, and I own the majority of the store already. Literally don't know what to buy. I was really hoping with the Comixology buyout they'd finally add coin support, but still no go.

The Fire TV is tempting, but I know it will just get left to collect dust.

12. mclld macrumors 68000

I am saving mine xcom, hope it comes to the amazon store

13. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

You're awesome Jess. I was able to download GTA San Andreas via the browser. I guess if I ever get a Kindle Fire, it's already there. I really wanted the 2000 points, that's like a free 20 spot for apps :)

14. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

15. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Woot woot let the good times keep rollin. Now the only problem is what to spend it on

16. mclld macrumors 68000

I bought Ridiculous Fishing and Three's. I do not see the hype behind Three's

17. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

I heard Three's was pretty addictive. The only thing I've bought so far is Monument Valley. Beautiful and engaging game but rather short.

18. mclld macrumors 68000

I will check that out, Ridiculous Fishing is awesome

19. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Great! Thanks for the heads up!

I've spent some on games for my FireTV - but at this point, I'm just going to stockpile them in case I end up picking up a Fire. Tried one back when they were doing the free 1 month trial....was nice, but ultimately not an iPad replacement and I saw no need for it.

My wife's iPad mini is getting a bit long in the tooth. Maybe I'll replace it with a Fire.

20. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Threes is fun for the first few days, but then you come up with strategies and then it takes you 30 minutes to finish a round. :rolleyes: