Amazon is sold out of the base model 21.5 and only got 17 of the higher model left

Discussion in 'iMac' started by crzdcolombian, Sep 10, 2013.

1. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

I was disappointed we didn't get a quick update on iMacs/Minis and Macbook pros.

hopefully next tuesday they do a quiet update

2. progx macrumors regular

progx

I would imagine they're manufacturer delays. Apple will probably have an event next month for them.

3. FreemanW macrumors 6502

I seem to remember stock shortages in late July and early August of 2012. There may have even been rumors of shortages in April and May leading up to the 2012 WWDC.

/just sayin

4. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

During the run (or should that be long walk) up to the final release of the late 2012s, there were a number of times when Amazon went low on stock. It didn't seem to mean anything then, was probably just due to the vagaries of whatever Amazon uses for restocking policies.

5. KaraH macrumors 6502

Amazon and the like constantly are getting new stock of things and pushing it out. In their ideal world the number of units they receive in a day would exactly equal the number of units sold that day so they can minimize warehouse space.

6. klharper macrumors member

For what it's worth - in the Apple refurb store, there were only about 6 configs to choose from yesterday [it was slowly dwindling over the past weeks].

Today, it's back up to 11 config options in the iMac refurb section.