American Foreign Aid to islam 9.2B vs Israel 3.1B

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dinaluvsApple, Oct 24, 2010.

1. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

and people still continue to harp on america for being Israel's lapdog.

[​IMG]

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Let me get this straight. You're adding up all the foreign aid to a number of countries that are "islamic" and comparing it to a single country that isn't :confused:?

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

What does the predominant religion have to do with whether a country should receive aid or not? :confused:

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I think everyone is missing the op's point. One of the "reasons" for 9/11 and other terror attacks on the USA is the "fact" that America is soooo pro-Israel and therefore, must be the enemy of Islam. Islam being the one true religion that should control the "holy" land. However, if we truly were enemies of Islam, why would we give so much money to countries that are, by a vast majority, controlled and occupied by those of Islamic faith.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Islam: Population 1 billion
    Israel: Population 6 million

Islams population is 166x bigger than Israels, yet it only gets 3x more money.

So per capita Israel gets about 1.5 orders of magnitude more money.

Sounds like the US has a pro-Israeli bias - and I'm ignoring the fact that Israel is a developed nation whereas a decent percentage of the Islamic population lives in countries which aren't developed.

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

How about all the rich beyond belief because of their oil Arab nations worry about how much money the rest of the Islamic world gets and we stop caring about how much per capita we give to people of a religion who hate us?

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Egypt, Jordan, Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan are all being aided for geopolitical purposes, connected either with US wars and foreign policy, or, in the case of the first two, to maintain good mutual relations with Israel. How much of the "foreign aid" in each case is military in nature?

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

What, are Israelis butthurt about getting knocked out of first place sucking at the American teat?

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Also where's the list of Islamic countries the US gives money to? Many of the countries listed in the top 10 (such as Nigeria and Kenya) aren't majority muslim - though they do have significant muslim populations.

12. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Thanks for proving that America is israel's lapdog.

Yep, that's what you did.

13. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Holy crap we give Israel a lot of money.

And more important than the total is the kind of aid given.

http://wrmea.org/component/content/...rect-us-aid-to-israel-almost-114-billion.html

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/foreign_aid.html

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf

14. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

So in the midst of great depression 2.0, 98% Americans get an average $400 tax break from Obama, but Israel gets the equivalent of $500/a person?

And no one notices either apparently.

15. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Hey, they're our only true ally in the middle east. Gotta keep them up and running, and keep the Palestinians in their place.

16. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Well, now I know where we can save fifteen billion dollars.

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

LOLWAT?

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

How ironic that you should say that, when they are in the Palestinians' place.

19. Queso macrumors G4

You mean like Jerusalem?

As for that chart it proves the pro-Israeli bias from the US Government IMO. Not that I view that as justification for flying aeroplanes into buildings.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Very good point. I completely agree.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Are you suggesting that the only money Barry spent on you this year was $400.00?

22. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

it seems to me that you're both supporters of a unitary state solution, and if that's so, then what's with this "Palestinian's place"? That suggests that jews would be excluded from some areas in your view of a unitary state......"kept in their place" as some would say. Can one have a unitary state without expanding the jewish presence in the West Bank and Gaza?

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

One can have an expanded Jewish presence only when there is a unitary state. Until then, international law forbids it.

24. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Actually, everyone's purposefully avoiding the OP's point or attempting to belittle it because the data doesn't resonate with their worldview. It's common to see around here.

If I said the sky was blue today, I'd get 2 pages of responses on how it isn't actually blue, it just appears that way, or that actually it isn't blue everywhere, just where I was... in China it was black because it was night time.

Agree or disagree, the OP is interesting and certainly relevant political discussion.

25. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

How so?