American Friar Claims Teens Seduce Priests In Some Sex Abuse Cases

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Aug 30, 2012.

1. rdowns, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Taking a page out of the Republican handbook. Disgusting.

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

It's time for Catholics to stand up and refuse to accept this bullsh**.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow. Talk about spin. Now we know where the GOP gets it! ;)

4. eric/ Guest

eric/

Maybe I overlooked it, but was this endorsed by the GOP anywhere?

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

There are definitely cases where minors will pursue older people for sex. However, its up to the elder to refuse such advances because a minor is unable to give consent.

His assertion that clergy who are approached by minors for sex aren't committing crimes is completely bogus -- and is yet another example of blaming the victim.

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Who said this was endorsed by the GOP?

BL.

7. eric/ Guest

eric/

Associated is probably a better word, but:

I guess I just don't see how this is related to the Republican party. So perhaps I read over something?

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Comprehension issue, not a relation, association, or endorsement issue.

What they are saying is that if the Reds can use that logic to explain their way out of their various situations, the Church can as well, and that is exactly what they are doing. they took a page out of what the Reds do, and apply it to their sex scandal problem. (their claim is) Pure and simple. The only way it couldn't be is from comprehension fail.

BL.

9. eric/ Guest

eric/

What exactly are the "reds" using to explain there way out of situations that is being applied here?

10. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I suppose the teenagers are responsible for covering the crimes up too. :rolleyes:

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Especially adults in the field of religion, who presumably have devoted their lives to a higher calling. If anybody is supposed to be able to sublimate their base desires, it should be priests. If a relationship with God isn't enough to motivate you, how is a relationship with a spouse supposed to measure up?

12. Iscariot, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012

Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

How disgusting and vile. Why would you willingly belong to and support a faith that perpetrates such heinous acts and later vomits up such abominable apologists? The moderately religious have a responsibility to stand up and speak out against such horrible abuses and stop supporting such a corrupt institution. To do otherwise is to enable and be complicit in bigotry, homophobia, violence and pedophilia.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Comparing adults to children, adults hold the responsibility card. Such BS in the link.

14. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Must be Christophobes abusing those children, amirite?

15. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Shaming victims, perhaps? "Legitimate rape", anyone?

Oh but the religious are being discriminated against, don't you know? And why raise your head above the parapet when you can silently side with the bully by inaction? Or do something equally useless, like clearing your conscience through prayer. :rolleyes:

16. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Why am I not surprised that a Priest trained in psychology ends up with such a twisted conclusion.

Sicker than any of us can imagine those lot, keep your kids away.

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

As a Catholic it pisses me off that the church continues to look the other way while they let molesters into the church. I do wish they would grow a pair and get with the times.

18. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Anyone who would stake a claim to the existence of "Christophobia" in order to distract from the heinous actions of an utterly corrupt organization deserves nothing but contempt. I'm hardly afraid of an organization that comes to the defense of child molesters over the children of their own flock. Citing persecution while your own church systematically protects pedophiles and demonizes innocent victims doesn't make you a force of faith to be feared or respected, it only reveals a sad devotion to thousand year old fairy tales at the expense of one's own humanity.

19. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

*lol*
    If some forum member produces hot air, it is a "comprehension issue"?

----------

Welcome in the real world! Humans make mistakes, big mistakes. If not, why do we need the justice system!?

20. Iscariot, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012

Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

The justice system that the Church has actively attempted to suppress? Your rebuttal for questioning the willing participation of millions in a corrupt system that reportedly diddled a hundred thousand children as young as 3 is to welcome me in [sic] the real world, and cite pedophilia as humans making "mistakes"? What an intellectually and morally bankrupt thing to say.