American Nazi Chair: Trump Win Would Be “A Real Opportunity” For White Nationalists

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Aug 7, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

So who is to blame for this, and why would such a sentiment be presented? Are the reasons sound, or merely taking advantage of other issues to shoehorn in something that isn't or shouldn't be an issue?

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Could you be a little more vague?

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

Not everyone is at the ready to link anti-progressive white supremacists with Trump, just because a supremacist favors Trump.

5. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

This guy is right. Trump has single handedly ripped off the veil of the Republican party to expose the deep seeded White Nationalism that has long been denied. Trump has shown the way and more white nationalists seeking elected office will follow his lead running on a platform of unfiltered bigotry and hate. This is a pivotal moment and a time of reflection for the Republican party, it will finally have to deal will the 800 pound gorilla in the room and the hatred of Hillary will not solve those problems.

6. samcraig, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016

samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I would say it goes deeper than the Republican party.. But yes.. I've said it before, just as scary or scarier than a Trump presidency is how much hatred in America there is that has been brought to the surface and exposed. Trump didn't start it, but he's fuel for the fire.

7. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Agreed, a significant percentage of Americans embrace this nonsense and it will become more common for those seeking elected office as a Republican to adopt the kind of platform Trump is advocating. Win or lose, what Trump started will plague society for the foreseeable future.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

There is no need to get ready. Donald and Junior have retweeted white supremacists many, many times. Junior endorsed the rebel flag two weeks ago. Face it Fielding, the Republican Party is turning into a white nationalist party headed up by Donald Trump and supported by you.Of course, it comes as no surprise as your white supremacist bona fides have been on display in dozens and dozens of your posts.

Donald Trump's love affair with white supremacists

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/07/donald-trumps-love-affair-white-supremacists

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm sure there were some blacks that supported slavery. White's don't have a monopoly on being stupid and voting against their own interests.

10. steve knight, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

They were already there but just in the closet. Trump has flung open the door and shined the light on them and said it's all right come out and play.

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

... And oh yes, they want you to believe the civil rights movement was a success, affirmative action has outlived it's usefulness, and racism no longer exists in America. :rolleyes:

12. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'm white. I'm a nationalist. I'm not racist.

I want a strong country. I want equal opportunity for ALL AMERICANS. I want a strong border.

How do you define a nation? A nation is defined by its BORDER, it's LANGUAGE, and it's CULTURE. All three of these are being eroded right now. If it continues we won't have a NATION anymore.

The Nazis are scum bags. La Raza are all
    scum bags. The black panthers are scum bags. The KKK are scum bags. Any group that prioritized one race or one group ahead of another are scum bags.

I'm a nationalist. I put AMERICA first. (Obviously, I am a scum bag by my own definition above, but only if you enjoy semantic word game bull crap) I don't have globalism. I'm not a citizen of the world. I'm an American.

13. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Wow, that guy makes no sense in his rant. Seriously, he's just shooting off Republican talking points.

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'm childish? Your avatar is a cartoon puppy who flies around and fights crime by eating candy he keeps on a ring. Gimmie a break.

Edit: your avatar isn't Underdog. It's some other equally childish cartoon dog.

15. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Childish because of a picture vs childish because of something they say. You're real defensive, it seems.

Edit: Also, nationalism in large amounts is dangerous.

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It's not dangerous. It's needed to maintain a strong nation and a populace that watches the government and keeps them in check. When you have virtually no nationalism (like now) we get leaders who do whatever they like and liquid borders that allow God only knows to cross and damage the country. We are in trouble.

But hey, don't worry about it. Just keep worrying about "the pebble in your sandal".

17. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

America has a lot of nationalism, I don't know what you're talking about.

18. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

pigs in a blanket, etc. and all the other crap they spew and BS they put in their manifesto, LOL at that....etc. is hardly fighting for equal rights. let's see them put some of their verve to go actually lecture and march in black communities of chicago where a good deal of the crap originates. the kid killed stealing that car recently......hardly an issue of unequal rights.....more like an issue of poor parenting, poor decisions on his part and a failed community. go fix that end the madness.

they won't though as they enjoy trying to point fingers elsewhere. someone needs to buy them a big black mirror so they can look in it.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I disagree.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

21. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Quite frankly, I'm glad to see Trump's polling numbers dropping...hope it continues. As much as you folks debate him leading your country, the rest of the world is completely terrified about the possibility (surprised to see Korea and Russia endorsing him - they're the first ones that he'd piss off and bring to the brink of conflict).
    We're not racist free north of the border either. Wish we were, but you still find a lot of them out in the rural areas. But, it's getting better. In a generation or two, almost all of the racist red-necks should be gone.
    How prevalent it is still in the US is pretty surprising, considering how much of your population is non-white, but you have a stronger heritage of prejudice than we do up here (some advantage to our culture being younger than yours).
    And, per the comment about people voting stupid, regardless of colour. Yes. Anyone non-white endorsing Trump is only showing how little they know about him.

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So you'd be in favour of more (expensive) social workers and more community projects and infrastructure in poor areas.

I agree.

23. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

This assumes that all the respondents were honest in the census. If they are willing to cross the border illegally I am sure they will lie to the census takers. Also, this is specifc only has top Mexicans. As we all know, it's not just Mexicans that cross the southern border. Lots of other countries are represented through the border crossings through Mexico.

This article is somewhat misleading and disingenuous.

24. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I'm for those living in the hood to change who they are. Let's help those who show signs of helping themselves. Or I'm fine with doing nothing as clearly many of our leaders are too.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Without money how can they plausibly do that?

That hasn't exactly worked in France.