"AMERICANS THINK LEADERS DON’T CARE ABOUT THEM"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Jul 30, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...tance-speech-poll_us_579b4515e4b0693164c0c4bb

Thanks to Gen-X and Boomer parents giving a **** more about themselves than their kids, their kids have taken it to extreme lengths:

Sidenote question: If everyone rails on the non-college educated, especially those supporting Trump, what does that say regarding the quoted text? Seems like they found someone they can relate to despite the article's claims of feeling isolated?

2. Savor Suspended

Savor

Both GOP candidates are Baby Boomers. That generation was considered the most selfish generation of all-time (ie money obsessed) until the Millennials. Baby Boomers get a bad rap because of hippies like the Clintons and Steve Jobs, George W, and commerce over conscience Michael Jordan when it still produced Bill Gates and the sexual revolution. Many of them changed the course in history with computing and equal rights than the gen before who fought for those liberties. Who is the most successful Millennial? Mark Zuckerberg?

I am part Generation X and Millennial but I am an old soul like Lady GaGa who is fascinated by the Greatest Generation. Leaders have rarely cared of their people throughout history. They need a GOP that speaks to them. But at the same time, we don't need some young punk making financial and military decisions to our country. This isn't playing Call of Duty. The future leaders I want to see are born in the 2000's. But I could be dead by the time these children run for candidacy by 2035-2050.

Some of my young sibs, nephews, and nieces are so gifted. Much more than my peers born from the 1980's or even 1990's kids. But I probably won't see a great leader born from this Millennium in my lifetime. As for the 18-29 crowd (1987-1998), I could give a damn what they think. Again, they only care about themselves anyway, so why would leaders care about them? Look at my selfies! Please give me a like? Retweeted me, please? Wasted, even lazier generation spoiled by the generation before them.

Do you really think we need a POTUS from the Kim Kardashian, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, and Justin Bieber generation to make financial decisions for the country when they are too busy on Facebook and playing video games? And some of us think Bill Clinton and Barack Obama were really bad? Do we really need someone as young and crazy as Kim Jong-Un? Let the REAL ADULTS handle it. Anyone younger than Barack (born 1961), and expect to see more of this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Personally, I think the younger the President the better, assuming they're at least 35. I don't hold any bias toward any generation, I think they're all great. I will point out however that our five youngest Presidents were:

Theodore Roosevelt 42 years, 322 days
    John F. Kennedy 43 years, 236 days
    Bill Clinton 46 years, 154 days
    Ulysses S. Grant 46 years, 311 days
    Barack Obama 47 years, 169 days