Americans, who would you consider the least qualified Presidential/VP candidate?

Who is least qualified for Pres/VP in 2012?

• Palin

Votes: 61 58.1%
  • Bauer

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Rev. Robertson

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Quayle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the Govenator (assuming the law changes on his eligibility)

• President Obama

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • VP Biden

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Secretary Clinton

• Rev. Jesse Jackson

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Michael Moore

Votes: 22 21.0%

• Total voters

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
...and this poll is open, of course, to anybody on planet earth and beyond. :)

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I like the Governator (even though he bankrupted Cali, he did do some very good things).

Edit - I like him as a candidate for the VP/Pres race (if laws ever change), I never assume him to be the worse.

However, Hockey mom takes my vote as the worse thing ever.... as if someone had to ask.

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Do you even have to ask what my vote is? :D
I wanted to put up five conservatives and five liberals to see what people think. I am going to play GOP devil's advocate for a second:

1) Obama - little experience in Senate before getting into White House
2) Biden - might be going senile with strange comments
3) Clinton - may have got where she was because she was merely married to a President
4) Jackson holds no office, and his experience could be chalked up to great speeches, not a Congressional voting record
5) Moore is the left wing Rush Limbaugh, nothing more

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
The problem is, pre-election qualifications don't always correlate with success/effectiveness in office.

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
The problem is, pre-election qualifications don't always correlate with success/effectiveness in office.
Very true. That's how Obama, young and with very little DC experience, beat the field and became President. I don't think a similarly young Palin, this time with no DC experience, can stand a chance in what will likely be a tough GOP candidate field.

I see that Rev. Robertson has two votes. Anyway, to his credit, he has his Bachelor of Laws from Yale Law School and a Master of Divinity degree. Besides this impressive education, he served as a Marine Corps officer.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Very true. That's how Obama, young and with very little DC experience, beat the field and became President. I don't think a similarly young Palin, this time with no DC experience, can stand a chance in what will likely be a tough GOP candidate field.

I see that Rev. Robertson has two votes. Anyway, to his credit, he has his Bachelor of Laws from Yale Law School and a Master of Divinity degree. Besides this impressive education, he served as a Marine Corps officer.
He's also a hateful, bigoted scumbag. That cancels out his Yale education.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
True, not knowing why Korea split up and who your favourite founder are probably do though.
"don't always"
In this case, a basic test of US history, like the one they give to qualify for citzenship, would be a nice prerequisite. We've had enough politicians whose verbal gaffes make the US the butt of jokes to the rest of the world.

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
He's also a hateful, bigoted scumbag. That cancels out his Yale education.
Let's say he is that much of a bigot, and even worse, he still knows about law (LL.B Yale), religious issues as they pop up in politics (M.Div degree) and the military (1st Lt. USMC). What does Palin have on Robertson???

Let's see how Palin holds up against Robertson: Palin goes on my home affilitate ABC news station and mixes up the Declaration of Independence with the Constitution. Terrible. Robertson, like all law grads have to take the grueling Constitutional Law course and know the federal law inside out. Mcrain, a lawyer, can attest to that. As far as the military, she pisses of Lt. General Campbell who headed up the Alaska National Guard, a distinguished alum of my alma mater and generally well respected man, by saying she runs the Alaska national guard, not him. What does Palin know about running a military organization that a General does not know???

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Let's say he is that much of a bigot, and even worse, he still knows about law (LL.B Yale), religious issues as they pop up in politics (M.Div degree) and the military (1st Lt. USMC). What does Palin have on Robertson???
Good point.

It's a sad day when a bigoted scumbag televangelist has more qualifications to be president than an actual VP candidate.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I will take this poll with a grain of salt, knowing how this board thinks I would say real world numbers would be maybe 20% lower.
I voted for Bauer, because I thought it was in regards to Jack Bauer and I don't like that show "24".
How dare you, Jack Bauer would be the greatest president ever.

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Good point.

It's a sad day when a bigoted scumbag televangelist has more qualifications to be president than an actual VP candidate.
Truth is Charles Manson makes a better legal speaker than Palin and his strange comments on the penal system, however distasteful, shows he knows the law. What does Palin know? She can't even name the chain of command in the Alaska penal system or the chain of command in the guard and duties thereof.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
How are you, Jack Bauer would be the greatest president ever.
Well Jack Bauer isn't real. But if he were it seems like he'd be more of a secretary of defense or at a stretch secretary of state. lol can you imagine:

"CHLOE, GET ME KIM JONG ILLS' FILES ON MY PDA!"
"JACK I'M DOING AS MUCH AS I CAN"
"HURRY! I'M TRYING TO BUST UP THIS AXIS OF EVIL!!"