America's Army 2.5 Mac out now!

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I really never liked that game very much...I don't know, there was something too un-game-like about it...maybe I'll try 2.5 and see how it is, though. :)

quagmire

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Well it isn't a game really. It is a simulator to simulate real conditions on the battle field in a way. It is for training and such.

Santaduck

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Honolulu
Full install only folks, no patch. 737 Mb. There's also an official bittorrent download for when the ftp slots fill up.

Ryan caught a lot of random PB kicks and kicks for content in your windrv section of your .ini =P

Also OpenAL fixes, although it's not the big bad daddy OpenAL from Apple yet.

Santaduck

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Honolulu
I'm showing about 70K/sec download on the bittorrent, so that will probably be faster than the standard capped download URLs...
and at nearly 800M, that's worth it (^-^)>*

From Icculus.org, here is...
The Official Mac AA: 2.50 bittorrent download (3d gamers)

savar: I believe there is an upcoming (not free) console version, but you'll have to doublecheck on that.

link92

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2004
1KB/s download on bittorrent... Hopefully I'll get to play before Halloween...

nicolas

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2003
i´m going back to 2.3 again. 2.5 is really a pain in the ass. even 'bridge crossing' suddenly became unplayable.... it´s ridiculous

MazaGRANDEman

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2003
nicolas said:
i´m going back to 2.3 again. 2.5 is really a pain in the ass. even 'bridge crossing' suddenly became unplayable.... it´s ridiculous
Yeah, I know, the game isn't playable anymore! Can't get decent FPS even on single player now. Look at the discussion here, same complaints It seems I won't be playing this game anymore, the game now really sucks on my iMac G4. So much waiting and now only so big disappointment :(

Back to 2.3 too.

crachoar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Ohio
Ten frames and below...

Excellent.

Suppose I'll continue playing on my PC instead.

Also, this game is far from 'realistic'. It hardly simulates combat situations. No game really does (sadly).

quagmire

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
crachoar said:
Ten frames and below...

Excellent.

Also, this game is far from 'realistic'. It hardly simulates combat situations. No game really does (sadly).
Just go download 2.3 and your performance will increase greatly!

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
crachoar said:
Ten frames and below...

Excellent.

yeah i want one that does that to electrodes to simulate pain and everything :rolleyes:

link92

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2004
pdpfilms said:
Same, what's the deal? It says "unrecognized". Anybody know?
Worked for me.

As far as performance goes: it's playable here at 1920x1000, all settings highest. Getting around 40fps, whereas on 2.3 I got 60fps.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
I finally managed to download it. It seems like I've been trying since version 1.7 so I hope I like it or at least, don't drop it immediately.

It's being installed now. Hopefully, it will run decently on a dual 800 since UT2004 does.

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
Veldek said:
Seems to run well, how can I see fps in the game?
open console and type in statfps or stat fps and hit enter. I haven't played that game in a while so don't remember it that well, but it is one of those combinations.

Striderdm1

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2003
England
Veldek said:
Seems to run well, how can I see fps in the game?
runs well here also, everything max'd out to (err) max settings and i'm getting around 40fps. Often more, then again i do have a G5 Mac :D so i'm extra happy today!

satans_banjo

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
SE London
look at you lot with your broadband

i had broadband from BT, it was terrible and it kept cutting out for days at a time, i cancelled the contract 2 weeks ago, and i now have to wait for their incompetence to clear up long enough for them to remove the marker from my line to i can sign up to tiscali

back on topic, i am looking forward to getting broadband so that i can download and play this wonderous game

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
satans_banjo said:
look at you lot with your broadband

i had broadband from BT, it was terrible and it kept cutting out for days at a time, i cancelled the contract 2 weeks ago, and i now have to wait for their incompetence to clear up long enough for them to remove the marker from my line to i can sign up to tiscali

back on topic, i am looking forward to getting broadband so that i can download and play this wonderous game
unless you have a g5 tower thats not gunna be happening.