Amex Extended Warranty on IPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doxielover, Oct 27, 2012.

1. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

I have question for all you Amex experts. My iPhone 4s will be one year on November 3 so that would be my last day to replace it with Apple. I did buy it with my Amex blue cash so I believe the warranty is extended a year. My screen looks washed out, faded compared to my friends 4s but it is jailbroken with 5.1.1 and I don't want to restore till the next jailbreak on iOS 6 is out. What is the procedure to have it repaired or replaced with the Amex warranty? Does anyone have experience with this?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The criteria remains the same for warranty replacement, i.e., it'll have to be for an issue that is replaceable under the standard one year warranty. Just because your iPhone looks washed out compared to another iPhone may or may not be a real issue. A genius will have to determine that.

In any case, you file a claim with Amex for whatever issue the genius deems fit, use your Amex card to pay the $199 OOW replacement, then Amex will reimburse you the $199 if your claim is approved.

3. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

My power button is going out too. I've never replaced it since I bought it new. Seems many with iPhones replace them lots of times. My screen has faded since I bought it. Isnt that a valid claim to have it repaired or replaced? Seems like I would get it approved first then pay out of pocket.