AMOLED Screen iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by v2club, Dec 28, 2011.

1. v2club macrumors regular

"Ignis Innovation has just announced that it has developed an AMOLED screen with a pixel density of over 300 ppi that uses a conventional RGB matrix"

What do you guys think about that? How likely is to see that in the next iPhone or the next Samsung phone may be?

2. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

I really don't think it matters much for Samsung. The knock on pentile in the past was the screen door effect when you look REALLY closely at the screen. With the super amoled hd screens out, they are pentile but you cannot see any screen door effect no matter how closely you look at it. That said, I think this is good news for other companies that may want to license the technology (Apple maybe), but for Samsung I don't think this really matters much.

3. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Samsung already has a full RGB set-up with their AMOLED screens. They call it Super AMOLED Plus.

The Galaxy Note indeed uses Super AMOLED HD (without the Plus). The second generation Galaxy Note is expected to have Super AMOLED Plus HD (so with the full RGB lay-out). Samsung has already announced high-density Super AMOLED Plus displays will be possible in early 2012.

4. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

SGS3 would have the HD SAMOLED +

It will be better than the Nexus' and Note's screen

5. SL4VE macrumors 6502

still over saturated and horrible on the eyes :rolleyes:

6. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

I would be all for it if it were around 4.3 inches - :)