An Abbreviated List of Excuses for Orlando

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jun 13, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

After listening to twenty-four hours of Democracy Now! and NPR and reading a variety of left-wing and progressive web sites, I learned that the Orlando massacre occurred because:

1. The NRA.
    2. Congressional Republicans, because ten years ago they didn't renew the Assault Weapons ban.
    3. Florida is in the redneck South and they don't like gays in the South.
    4. Homophobia.
    5. The transgendered restroom controversy.
    6. The "American gun culture."
    7. The shooter felt "dis-empowered."
    8. Trump (of course).
    ...and many others.

What I didn't hear, not once, was any mention of radical Islam, terrorism, ISIS, the fact that the shooter was a Muslim who pledged allegiance to ISIS, U.S. foreign policy, or Obama's endless campaign of Drone Terror. No mention that while it is criminal to refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple, it is perfectly legal for a Muslim Imam in Florida to preach anti-gay sermons and put those sermons on YouTube with no censure whatsoever. In fact, Obama will meet with anti-gay Imam's.

The progressive Left is intellectually and morally bankrupt.

2. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    NPR looks like they're more than happy to discuss the issue of terrorism, even though they're not out there screaming OMG ISLAMIC TERRORIST OMG OMG OMG like you want.

As for the above quoted, that's a gross example of false equivalency. First off, denying baking a cake for a gay couple because they're gay is, you know, against constitutional law, while a Muslim Imam in Florida preaching anti-gay sermons is protected by the 1st amendment, provided he doesn't make any calls for violence.

Per the Constitution, you can bitch about people all you want, but you can't deny them basic public services.

3. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I'm sure you did this in a fair-minded way. You listened to 24 hours? So, you didn't sleep, or did you listen to 24 hours total? How did you record your results? Did you do a time-marked survey, or did you code for individual mentions. Did you account for discussions about ISIS or terror as something else, or did you reject them because no one uttered the phrase "radical Islam?"

4. chown33 macrumors 604

Short version: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

5. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Then you need to listen better. ISIS was mentioned prominently in all reports, as well as terrorism. I think you hear what confirms your political bias.

6. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

The regressive left. Fixed it for you.

Intellectual honesty on this issue is:

1. Terrorist
    2. Hate crime
    3. Muslim
    4. Democrat
    5. Obama voter

The regressive left are the same as the regressive right: intellectual honesty bankrupted.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Obama said it?

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Obamas on his own.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

source please.

10. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

You'll hear “radical Islamism” from Hillary now. I'll bet her polls are tanking now that Trump's been proved right.

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Or the Japanese. They did all that stuff with sarin gas back in the 90's.

13. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

of course the rights list of excuses are
    not enough guns
    if it was not a gunfree zone.
    gays are evil and god did it
    all Muslims are evil
    we need to build a wall.

14. Limey77 macrumors regular

I do find it odd that the people that shout the loudest about terrorism want to give the terrorists what they want the most - acceptance of their "cause".

It is odd that the two biggest identifiers for this murderer is he's yet another American who legally bought his guns and went on a killing rampage. Why oh why won't the right acknowledge the curse of "radical American gun owners"? Something needs to be done to sort out the "American problem", it seems despite all efforts this major threat keeps growing - we need to stamp out this dangerous indoctrination. Maybe the rest of the world should be warned that an American wanting to visit owns a weapon so they can be banned from the country - or should we just ban all Americans until we're sure they're safe?

/s

See how ludicrous it is.

15. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Good quote from his speech:

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Hard to believe that just last week we were talking about the gaystapo agenda to expose our daughters to transsexual wang in our bathrooms.

Now we love them all so much.

17. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Possibly. Not sure of SCOTUS has ruled on such a case.

Progressives went absolutely berserk over a bakery; however, they remained silent over a Muslim Imam preaching anti-gay sermons because of a deep respect for the 1st Amendment? Please. They are hypocrites. They are hypocrites because political correctness is hard-wired into their psyche; it is an essential part of their being. They are utterly unable to criticize anything that isn't a White Christian Male.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I didn't hear about this Imam until yesterday.

Let's face it, an extremist Muslim Imam is pretty par for the course. He's just like any other extremist sect floating around in the country. As long as they keep to themselves, no one cares.

The bakery issue, on the other hand, could have the chance of effecting a lot of people if it was allowed to slide. Now I'll agree that gay rights are something of a trendy cause at the moment, and anything that runs counter to them is more likely to get seen on the news or social media. But let's not pretend it's all due to the fact that regressive leftist progressives will defend Islam to their dying breath cuz brown people. If they guy happened to in any public or political position to exert his beliefs widely upon populace, he'd get his fair share of criticism.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 13, 2016 ---
    It's covered under the Civil Rights Act of '64, which covers everyone from black people, to white people, to Christians, to Muslims, to gays. It's had its time in front of SCOTUS. We don't need to drag it through the courts every time a new group pops up that could be discriminated against.

19. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Fair enough. Frankly, if one of those Bible thumpers lived around me I'd make them bake me a cake of Jesus getting buggered by Cthulu.

Democracy Now! are unapologetic Marxists and red diaper babies; however, they are also fiercely honest.

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

If you were getting married to an octopus, they'd have to do it.

You could also demand a non-Euclidian cake.

21. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

How would that even work? Non-euclidean geometry typically refers to surfaces which are inconsistent with the fifth postulate. How do you expect to frost that?

22. chown33 macrumors 604

I'd subcontract it to M. C. Escher.

23. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

And a Klein bottle of beer.

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Not a good quote. I know who has been out there talking about gays and gay issues for many years, vs. who only started talking about us and our rights in a more positive way just today for political expediency.

Sorry Trump, you ain't fooling me.